Senior Manager - Tech Project MgmtApply NowApply Later Job ID 979907BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Responsibilities:Program & Project Management
- Lead digital programs including the delivery of digital experiences for our Guests that use augmented and virtual reality, gaming mechanisms and new technology to transform the Guest experience
- Directly lead a team of Technical Project Managers responsible for managing individual projects that are part of a cohesive program
- Coordinate with teams including Technology, Product, Product Design, Product Operations and partners including Imagineering, Operations, Public Relations, Marketing, Cast Experience, Consumer Insights to develop a unified program plan to create end to end digital Guest experiences
- Manage project teams to create experiences that use technology such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, augmented and virtual reality and gaming mechanisms integrated into the physical Theme Park experience from concept to launch
- Communicate regular updates to project and executive leadership team on program delivery progress, plan updates and budget spend and forecast, including status report updates, financial/budget/variance reports, and other reporting
- Perform Project Management responsibilities including: project estimates, scope definition, high-level planning, discovery and estimation workshops to develop a project plan and schedule across all disciplines
- Manage program resource assignment, budget, scheduling, scope prioritization and change control, creating burn-down charts to identify opportunities to increase efficiency
- Help implement strategic contracts with vendors for projects
- Escalate program risks to ensure resolution and mitigation
- Establish project financial forecasts, including resource plans and other expense plans
- Ensure program project closure including transition and hand-off to production operations support, final financial reporting and project retrospectives
Basic Qualifications:The following qualifications are required for consideration for this role:
- 9 years of relevant work experience in project management, leading projects across multi-discipline teams including Product Management, Technology, Design, Analytics, Marketing and Product Operations
- Strong project leader with at least 4 years of experience leading large, diverse digital teams to develop projects that integrate technology into physical Consumer and Guest experiences through multiple platforms including websites, mobile web and mobile applications
- Project management for project budgets of $10-35M
- Agile delivery experience
- 5 years mobile application (iOS, Android) delivery experience
- Minimum 3 years of client management experience in delivering digital experiences
- Experience facilitating the gathering and development of requirements for complex solutions
- Experience in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning).
- Experienced in multiple full lifecycle software deliveries from business development to final software acceptance
- Experience communicating with executive level (Directors, VPs) in presentations and facilitating working sessions
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.