Senior Manager, Technology - Disney Cruise Line TechOps Support
Celebration, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 669489BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted 30/05/2019
Job Summary:Manage an organization of Technology Engineers, onboard crew members and external partners in the Infrastructure & Operations organization to support and deliver technology at Disney Cruise Line. This is a highly collaborative role requiring partnership with many lines of business and technology teams. This individual will lead the organization focused on creating solutions to processes and technology challenges at the same time driving future initiatives. Individual will be responsible for project delivery and support functions as we focus on growth and modernization in this space. This role will be responsible for managing the overall practices for Operations support onboard the fleet and at our out-port locations, in close partnership with internal, external and business teams. Mentoring direct and indirect reports for career guidance and growth, as well as maintaining business stakeholder relationships will be key to your success.
- Lead a management team and organization of resources responsible for the Operational Support & Availability of systems for Disney Cruise Line
- Lead team and be responsible for project and operating expense budgets including forecasts, accruals and contracts
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders to mature existing solutions and drive innovative future state solutions
- Partner with business leaders, executive leadership and technology planning organization on planning for new initiatives
- Responsible for technology vendor relationships
- Drive innovation in the space through various partnerships and vendor collaboration
- Partner with Architecture teams to ensure on-going supportability of new efforts and projects
- Lead day-to-day logistics for technology efforts in conjunction with the shipboard teams
- Create a world-class infrastructure operations monitoring function
- Represent the shipboard operations organization in the change management processes
- Create, review and monitor shipboard metrics for system availability
- Lead the out-port operations efforts, with a focus on flexibility, supportability and efficiency
- Lead the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production support environment based on the needs of the business units
- Lead the team in creating device and peripheral strategies as we grow the fleet, with a focus on long-term supportability
- Lead the team and partner with internal teams for on-going support of delivered shipboard infrastructure that includes network, satellite, data centers, servers and associated items
- Lead the onboard IT Officers for day-to-day technical direction, guidance and growth
- 12+ years of relevant experience in technology disciplines
- Ability to simultaneously contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands
- Demonstrate expertise in leading triage & critical problem solving of integration functions on enterprise-scale solutions
- Understanding of desktop, laptop and mobile device products
- Lead, oversee, mentor, and develop leadership and indirect team
- Ability to lead large teams, internal and external team members
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and experience in strategic planning and execution of Operational strategies
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a matrixed organizational system where partnership and influence are key drivers to success
- Ability to communicate to executive audiences
- Strong organization leadership skills
- Excellent time management skills
- 10-15% travel required
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Previous experience in day-to-day operation in an enterprise organization
- Previous experience in the Cruise Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.