Senior Network Operations Compliance Specialist
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 956089BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 07, 2022
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader and has become one of the most powerful brands globally. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts, cruise lines, sports, news, movies, and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
Network Operations Quality Assurance and Compliance provides services and solutions that safeguard the network portfolio and the value of Disney’s Information that traverses it. The Infrastructure Operations Specialist is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day delivery of global network services (e.g. LAN, WAN, MAN, WIFI Infrastructures). The position is responsible to ensure adherence to defined change management policies and standards while achieving committed service levels. A key function of the Infrastructure Operations Specialist is to assess all network service requests and determine what the risks and impacts are that the change(s) will have on the business and corporate infrastructure. Another key responsibility is to interface with Enterprise Technology stakeholders, Business Segment stakeholders, and our Suppliers that lead to successful and timely implementations of our network services. The position is accountable for ensuring that global network changes are implemented correctly, securely, efficiently and timely.
The right person has a strong attention to detail and takes accountability for the delivery of high-quality work. The right person demonstrates a strong sense of collaboration in their work and professional relationships, clearly and thoughtfully communicates in their areas of expertise, identifies problems, and acts strategically to craft a solution.
- Coordinate the effective deployment of network service change requests throughout the various Information Technology groups, Service Providers, and Business Stakeholders
- Validate information contained in network services change requests and ensures that impact analysis and risk assessments are completed prior to the work being started. This includes the communications across technical teams to properly assess the risk and impact
- Research key information necessary for the approval/rejection of network service change requests to appropriately protect our network infrastructure and business services from unintentional service interruptions
- Serve as a member of the Change Advisory Board (CAB) to perform peer authorization of changes, and assist in guiding changes within the Change Management teams
- Facilitate requirement updates from the BUs and collaborate with the internal IT technical teams and service providers to execute changes correctly as prescribed
- Participate in programs aimed at gaining efficiencies within the change process by conceptualizing, streaming or developing new processes that improve the performance of services delivery to our business customers and Enterprise Technology network consumers
- Monitors supplier performance against current processes and SLAs, then takes the appropriate corrective action with supplier when service levels are not met
- Facilitate the relationship between Supplier and Business Segments for data network services
- Manage escalations from business segments and assist in troubleshooting or directing to the appropriate party
- 5 years in a large IT shared services organization
- Thorough knowledge of current principals, practices, protocols of multiple network platforms
- Ability to handle constantly changing environment and industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a variety of levels and to communicate the technical and procedural details of requests to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Good understanding of how IT technology supports the Enterprise and the Business Segments
- Ability to establish working relationships with team members, customers, management and vendors in a large fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with network hardware and transmission technologies
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- ITIL V3 or V4 ‘Foundations’ or advanced certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Network Certifications such as CCNA or CCDA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.