Senior Payroll Internal Controls Analyst (PH)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7118764220220410 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Ensure accurate payroll financial and tax reporting, strong internal controls, and adherence to Company Policy, regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
- Continuously strive for a strong internal control environment across the global Time and Pay Tower, championing the standardization of processes and controls across all teams.
- Perform testing of Payroll SOX and internal controls. Report defects and risk mitigation strategies to management.
- Coordinate internal and external audits of payroll processes, partnering with PwC, Corporate Management Audit, and Corporate Enterprise Compliance.
- Perform risk assessment procedures and make recommendations to strengthen internal controls and increase efficiencies.
- Draft and deliver clear, concise reports of assessment findings and action plans, control narratives, and presentations for Executive audiences.
- Review exception reporting to detect and resolve incorrect payroll payments.
- Partner with TWDC Security and local law enforcement on payroll fraud investigation.
- Assist teammates with the calculation, customer service, and account aging aspects of payroll claims monitoring.
- Utilize domestic and international accounting standards to apply appropriate control points to mitigate risk of material financial loss or misstatement.
- Act as an advisor of control and financial reporting standards, as well as a resource for junior team members.
- Manage own work, timelines, and partners with minimal direction from leader, and often with little precedent set.
- Serve as an active project team participant or leader, utilizing strong project management skills to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Perform job with confidentiality, honesty, diligence, and responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years in a financial reporting role, including application of materiality, risk, and SOX concepts
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated strong partnering, presentation, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and informally lead others, manage competing priorities, meet deliverables, and adapt to change
- Flexibility in work schedule, to allow for occasional meetings across all time zones
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel, database applications, and a Windows environment
- MBA, MSA, or CPA
- Experience working in SAP
- Experience in a payroll role
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.