Senior Portfolio Resource AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 7118941220220515 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney’s Demand Management and Resource Allocation group is responsible for enabling our Enterprise Technology organization to consistently collect, assess, prioritize, and plan to staff our highest priority initiatives. We accomplish this through a set of services focused on Demand Management, Resource Capacity and Allocation Management, Demand & Resource Portfolio Management, and Demand & Resource Data Insights.
The Senior Portfolio Resource Analyst will assist in evolving Resource Capacity Planning and Allocation aspects of an enterprise-wide portfolio management strategy and will contribute to new process design, development, and execution. This position will work directly with Program and Project stakeholders to develop role and individual resource plans, produce staffing analysis, reporting, and visualizations to serve the dual purpose of driving decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This role requires a strategic mind-set as well as analytical skills and the ability to apply those effectively to achieve results.
- Supports the Service/Product and Delivery Leads in defining resource requirements for program and project level Demands; communicate and partner with Leads to ensure project assignments are in line with delivery dates, staff capabilities and department projects/responsibilities.
- Works closely with Demand Portfolio Managers to proactively manage resource capacity planning activities against program and project initiatives.
- Analyzes strategic data, resource capacity, and skills data and supports timely allocation recommendations for Demands.
- Supports resource request and allocation process, tracking and reporting.
- Coordinates resource allocation true-up analysis during project delivery; supports resource allocation retrospectives on completion of projects.
- Supports vendor/managed services relationships with preferred staffing partners.
- Supports creation of job descriptions, job requisitions and facilitates screening and interviewing of external resources for Resource Services roles.
- Subject Matter Expert for Resource Management platforms and integrations (Broadcom Clarity, Smartsheets, others).
- Coordinates with Portfolio Data Analysts on data management practices around core platforms and data.
- Develops dashboards and detailed reporting and tracking of staffing capacity plans and allocation metrics; delivers ad-hoc requests as required.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years Resource Planning or Resource Analyst experience or similar role
- Previous work in a PMO or PPM team, ideally providing analytics to inform portfolio decisions is desirable
- Experience creating reports, charts, and graphs for executive leadership
- Demonstrable work experience developing insights with Power BI is desireable
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle and shift gears quickly
- Proactive and solution-oriented when managing issues
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications
- Ability to successfully work with all levels of management
- Demonstrated analysis/assessment capabilities
- Knowledge of and experience in Project Portfolio Management methodologies
- Experience working with Broadcom Clarity PPM or a similar PPM application
- MS Office proficient; expert in Excel
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications desired: Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)
Required Education :
- Bachelors of science degree in mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field; advanced degree in quantitative field or in information technology management
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.