Senior Product Manager – Licensing Financial Systems
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 913343BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP), a division of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), uses a proprietary portal application, Smart Royalty Reporting, to interact with our Licensees, ingest their royalty statements and provide key data on their global licensing contracts.
The Senior Product Manager will identify workflow improvements, facilitate conversations with our Controllership, Revenue Accounting, Finance and Licensees across the global Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) Segment and technology partners to align overall business and technical objectives. This role will drive change management plans to prepare the business for next generation features in the Smart Royalty Reporting platform. This person will collaborate with project management and software development teams to support the launch and ongoing operational improvements of our Smart Royalty Reporting platform.
The successful candidate will have a global perspective, looking across all regions when developing solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The Senior Product Manager will ensure IT processes are repeatable, recommending smart approaches to gather requirements and deliver projects while providing business value. The analyst will identify and assess potential “forward-thinking” solutions for both technical and business feasibility.
You will be able to work well under pressure, thrive on change, and seek opportunities to find solutions for new business opportunities. You will be detail oriented, have strong communication skills as well as be able to operate and interact at many levels in an organization.
- Play a key role in defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for royalty system products and solutions aligned to the CPGP business goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, across business, technology and licensee partners, to execute on the product strategy and roadmap end-to-end
- Connect with users regularly to have a deep understanding of their needs, pain points, and how they experience your products
- Define and write clear requirements and user stories for the development team
- Participate in and influence technical discussions to solve complex business/system problems
- Understand and coordinate dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities
- Prioritize the product backlog and make recommendations to business partners and leadership while considering any trade-offs
- Establish product release plan and set expectations with new feature delivery
- Perform analysis across a complex finance environment to assess data accuracy, troubleshoot issues, answer partner questions
- Become a data subject matter expert to identify opportunities where royalty data can be leveraged to address business goals
- Create user training documentation and host user training sessions for product adoption
- Communicate and present product strategies and priorities to business partners and leadership
- Demonstrate knowledge and mastery of Agile project methodology and change management principles
- Experience in developing products with consumer-facing user experience quality
- 4+ years of experience in building consumer-quality technology products from ideation to launch/support
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, defining and implementing end-to-end product strategies influencing the business
- Understanding of Licensing and Consumer Products industry with demonstrated domain experience in Revenue Accounting, Finance and Contract Management Systems including, but not limited to contract processes and practices, licensee royalty statement submission processes, royalty and revenue transaction processing
- Experience in creating product roadmaps for new and existing products
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to balance multiple priorities and set expectations
- Proven leader that nurtures positive relationships with business users and technology engineering partners
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a digestible way across business and technology partners at all levels
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with highly integrated accounting applications, including interfaces to SAP, forecasting, data warehouses, master data management, and product master is desirable
- Experience with MicroStrategy reporting or equivalent reporting system
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross-team projects
- Requires BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Accounting or related field
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.