Senior Product Manager, New Business Initiatives and Commercialization
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 864100BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
Job Summary:The DPEP Technology & Digital Strategy and Product Development team is looking for a Sr. Product Manager - Digital Strategy Integration. The team is responsible for identifying emerging trends, informing product strategy, concept development, and defining and executing these initiatives in collaboration with key stakeholders and partners. The team’s work spans across all global parks digital touchpoints including web and mobile, as well as physical and digital convergence within the theme parks and resorts businesses.
We want someone ready to collaborate with some of the best storytellers in the industry, leverage cutting edge technologies, and support a cross functional team that connects Guests with some of the most beloved characters, universes and worlds of all time. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, collaborative, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization while wearing multiple hats, be comfortable working autonomously, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that guests love.
- Partner to support and produce product strategy ideation sessions.
- Foster internal competitive information sharing and promote a culture of innovation by staying up on trends and emerging technology and educating the broader organization as necessary.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret trends or signs of change, making correlations across industries and themes, finding patterns in adjacent markets and spaces and communicate findings to teams.
- Assess strategic partnerships, vendors, startups with respect to their strengths and their appropriate products and services and make recommendations to the team.
- Produce deliverables (assessments, internal presentations, etc.) with a view toward promoting informed decision-making. Assists product teams in translating the digital vision into presentations that will be shared with Executive audiences and partners across the Organization.
- Assist leaders in taking blue sky concepts and turning them into strategy, research regarding opportunity size, competitive benchmarking, and potential partners.
- Proactively seek opportunities for internal improvements; help product teams review offerings to Guests and determine what changes should be made.
- Support strategic direction for products and creative experiences that bring joy to our Guests, through compelling digital and physical interactions and take advantage of prevalent mobile technologies.
- Work with teams to implement new business initiatives and drive long-term planning.
- 4+ years of product strategy, market analysis, futures, business or other relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of markets, products and competitive landscape (including ability to predict and explain current/future trends), and the ability to translate (both verbally and in writing) technologies into business value.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a willingness to take personal initiative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate and influence decision making with all levels in the organization (business, executive, technical)
- Fundamental understanding of information-seeking best practices
- Experience evaluating technology solutions for fit and viability against use cases as well as evaluating the companies for viability
- Ability to package, pitch and sell strategic and innovative thinking
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds and functions
- Familiarity with using research databases (e.g, comScore, Forrester, eMarketer, Pitchbook, Gartner)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly to understand our rapidly evolving product, business, IP and Guest needs
- Financial understanding –understand how this will drive financial return either from additional revenue, cost savings or internal efficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Graduate degree strongly preferred.
- MBA, Business, Library or Information Science, Competitive/Market Intelligence, Strategy or Consulting background, or another related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.