Senior Software Engineer
Celebration, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 742240BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Software Engineer will be involved in the design, development, testing and implementation of new features, software fixes, enhancements to existing applications. The Senior Software Engineer will be working with business partners to understand the requirements and work with technical architects and engineers to implement solutions. Also, responsible for documenting the solutions and designs.
- Design and develop applications using .net, angular, node java/j2ee technologies.
- Design and develop applications on Content Management, Digital Asset Management.
- Ability to set up traffic rules and implement caching.
- Work with Infrastructure and other application teams to resolve live site/production issues
- Upgrade infrastructure and vendor tools
- Migrate applications from on-prem to cloud
- Perform test cycles to identify possible complex integration issues in a complex environment
- System development documentation including functional requirements, use cases, test plans and test cases
- Works with various IT teams to analyze and implement solutions provided by architects to meet the business requirements.
- Follow software development methodologies, version control, and migration standards
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience designing and developing highly scalable guest facing enterprise class applications using .net, java/j2ee, REST services
- Hands on experience with SDL Tridion Content Management, Publishing and Content Delivery using Ant-Man pipeline.
- Hands on experience dealing with complex custom applications and frameworks such as content transformation, conversion and assembly.
- Experience in content publishing and delivery to a wide range of applications such as ships, digital boards, in-room TV, paper navigators in addition to web and mobile
- Extensive knowledge of workflows and integration of translations engine, search engine and digital asset management systems.
- Design and develop applications using Vendor product SDL World Server for multi-lingual content websites.
- Understanding of vendor product called Brocade and ability to develop traffic manager rules on it.
- Understanding of Digital Asset Management systems such as Media Beacon & Adobe AEM.
- Integration of Content Management and Digital Asset Management systems
- Experience with cloud architecture and implementing cloud solutions.
- Experience with complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration, strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience with source control and build deploy tools such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, CICD etc.
- Experience with Agile development methodology such as SCRUM.
- Team player, solution provider and proactive thinker with good communication skills
- Experience with Jetty and Tomcat
- Experience with Couch-base No SQL Databases. MySQL and Oracle, Maria relational Databases.
- Monitoring tools like App Dynamics, New Relic, Site Scope …etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or related work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.