Senior Software Engineer
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 780398BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop and implement test plans and automation for new and existing software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. The Senior Software Engineer (SDET) owns the design and development of test plans, and drives development of automation through his/her own and subordinate engineers’ work. The Senior Engineer provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert.
This role will be a part of the resort sales team within the Parks Commercial Systems organization. The team supports the resort sales commerce flows for multiple resort destinations which include the front-end website used by guests and travel agents as well as the core services which integrate with the commerce systems. As part of the team, the role will be responsible for the quality of delivery of existing applications as well as new applications that take full advantage of cloud native architecture and microservices.
- Own end-to-end test strategy, analyze requirements, build test plan, design test cases and implement test automation for applications of moderate to high complexity
- Build and maintain automated and reusable test frameworks for both frontend and backend components to improve quality and development velocity
- Review and write test automation code for both frontend and backend systems
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis for issues in production or test environments
- Where vital, develop and execute manual test cases to detect issues that cannot be detected through automated means
- Create and maintain test data for manual and automated testing
- Track and accurately report test coverage and quality metrics
- Execute test cases and report defects found in the issue tracking system
- Participate in defining the quality strategy roadmap and contribute to the evolution of quality best practices
- Participate in Sustainment and Project planning and oversee execution of quality strategy in Project and Sustainment activities
- Mentor Junior SDETs
- Serve as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced SDETs, providing technical guidance and oversight
- Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team
- Interact and coordinate testing with other technical groups in the organization
- Perform high level Security and user authentication testing for Credit Card payments where necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and test automation
- Strong knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks such as Serenity, REST Assured, Protractor and Mocha
- Strong experience and thought leader in Quality Assurance and testing practices
- Proficiency in Java development
- Strong knowledge of service standards and technologies such as XML, JSON, REST and Maven
- Strong knowledge of tools such as GitHub, Jira and Jenkins
- Ability to interact with developers and technology managers at a technical level
- Must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to develop and implement high-quality code in a timely manner
- Experience defining work for other resources
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with Selenium, Selenium Grid, JBehave and/or WebDriver
- Experience with Typescript and Angular
- Mobile testing experience
- Accessibility testing experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.