Senior SW Engineer UI/UX
Celebration, FL - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764434BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 13, 2020
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Identity and Access Management Engineering team is hiring talented contributors for innovative projects that will help power and secure our businesses and guest experiences. Leverage your software development knowledge, industry experience, and your passion for new technologies and platforms. You will be part of a diverse cross-functional team with ownership at the core of its DNA.
The Senior Software Engineer will implement applications and user interfaces for Identity and Access Management Engineering, and is an expert in the tools, processes, and technologies (both proprietary and third party) used by the IAM team. They take an active role in liaising with other Project Constituents and contributors, both internal and external, to set and maintain UI/UX standards and best practices through mentorship, evangelism of standards and best practices, and review and approval of code. The Senior Software Engineer is also responsible for the architecture of software internals, efficient and expeditious debugging, and the contribution of code that meets the standards and expectations of the role: being performant, secure, accessible, well documented, testable, and sustainable.
- Works closely with scrum master, architects, developers, quality and reliability engineers and other Project Constituents to architect, implement, and deliver software user interface solutions according to requirements/specifications.
- Works with Manager, Engineering, Staff Engineers and Architects to follow and influence best practices for Software Development within the Identity and Access Management Engineering team.
- Interacts with other service delivery groups within Enterprise Technology and across the company.
- Performs peer and vendor code reviews for compliance, security, performance, and best practices.
- Hands-on, user interface software development using professional, enterprise class software development tools.
- Responsible for developing, enacting, and enforcing documentation, coding, process, and performance standards.
- Build reusable UI components, ensuring the UI codebase is scalable, maintainable and well documented.
- Continual improvement to the UI and explore new UX capabilities that are trending in the industry.
- Create prototypes to visually see how new features could be deployed versus mockups and wireframes.
- 5+ years front end development experience
- Extensive experience developing highly dynamic web applications using and consuming RESTful API’s
- Strong knowledge of Single Page Application’s and Responsive Web Design
- Knowledge of UI libraries and frameworks / exposure to modern web UI frameworks
- Demonstrable development experience using Angular JS and/or Node.js
- Strong knowledge of AWS environments and/or technologies (e.g. S3, Cloudfront, Fargate, EC2, API Gateway)
- Strong knowledge and experience with securing front end applications
- 5+ years formal team-oriented development experience (Agile preferred)
- Deep familiarity with web standards and protocols (HTTP, HTML, REST, XML, OAuth).
- Proven track record of developing cross-browser compatible solutions.
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in Agile software development
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Self-managing; self-starter with a high level of initiative; strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- 5+ years of experience with SDLC tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Github/Gitlab, Confluence, etc
- 2+ years of experience working with Identity and Access Management systems
- Disney work experience (including experience with Disney IAM services such as MyID, AuthZ, Keystone, etc)
- Familiarity with sensitive data handling such as COPPA, PCI and PII, Safe Harbor
- Understanding and exposure to backend development architecture (Java, Go, .NET)
Required EducationBachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.