Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Social Influencer Communications & Reporting Internship - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 677593BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
The Social Influencer Communications & Reporting Professional Intern will support the Disney Parks Communications team. We are seeking a highly motivated outgoing candidate with strong knowledge of social media, bloggers, and social influencers. Additionally, this person will support the management of the Disney Parks Moms Panel program, The Disney Parks Blog and Communications Strategy. The position will require reporting, writing, research, event support, relationship building, and database management.
The WDPR Communications Team works directly with social media influencers to shape content and create awareness for Disney Parks & Resorts. The team also manages the yearly Disney Social Media Celebration influencer conference, Disney Parks Moms Panel program, The Disney Parks Blog and planning. They develop and maintain relationships with these outlets as well as fan based media to support online Disney Parks conversations.
****In order to be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter as part of this application process. ****
- Reporting on influencer activity and events as led by the Influencer Communications team
- Creating and maintaining bios for Social Media Influencers enlisted to support WDPR Marketing initiatives.
- Monitor influencer outreach and logging replies of Social Media Influencers to support monthly events.
- Assist with execution of familiarization events, press events, Disney Parks Blog meet-ups, and the ED Calendar and video productions.
Basic Qualifications:These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
- Previous project recap and reporting/writing experience
- Proven experience and strong understanding of all forms of media with emphasis on Content Creators and Social Media
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Computer proficiency within Microsoft Office suite, especially in the creation on presentations using PowerPoint.
- Efficient organizational skills with attention to detail
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program or other Disney experience
- Analyze social media data to discover actionable trends.
- Database Management experience
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a related major
- Minimum 3.0 GPA Required.
**A cover letter is required as part of this application process. This cover letter must be included along with your resume, or submissions will not be considered.**
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continuous employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are January 2020 through June 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.