Software EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645609BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
Job Summary:The Software Engineer applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate complexity. The Software Engineer focuses on coding at the component level and works under minimal supervision. The Software Engineer designs and develops highly scalable software systems and applications in a designated functional focus area(s).
- Focuses on coding at the component level.
- Executes assigned component level software development and fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Participates in developing specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Writes code, completes programming, writes tests, performs testing and debugs code.
- Follows established protocols for installation and maintenance, and completes documentation.
- Develops, manages, creates and maintains the technical components related to server-side and web service-based solutions.
- Develops an understanding of the front-end technology stack and is able to assist with end to end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned components g level projects using new or existing technologies
- Develops specifications for assigned projects.
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
- Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural direction for web development projects.
- Two to five years of progressively related experience in coding and development of highly scalable, high-volume software components, and/or client-facing web applications.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles, design patterns, coding best practices, database applications, and mobile applications platforms (e.g. iOS, Android, etc.)
- CS Fundamentals
- Development Tools
- XML DTDs
- JSON Messaging
- Database Design
- HTTP Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Ruby, Python, PHP, JSP, ASP or other scripting languages
- Flash and other interactive technologies
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.