Sourcing Specialist, Disney Cruise LineApply NowApply Later Job ID 794448BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted May 19, 2021
- The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for with a focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions in support of DCL operations.
- This individual will be accountable for business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
- The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross- functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers.
- The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
- The Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients
- Provides quote management and order execution for assigned DCL vessel
- Coordinates and confirms requirements for on-board stakeholders
- Negotiates cost and lead time
- Leverage global supply base to ensure acquisition of requirements at the best landed cost
- Escalates as needed to resolve issues, i.e. extended or missed timelines, order errors, and returns
- Provides timely communication to stakeholder
- Negotiation of goods and services contracts and Statement’s of Work
- Identify opportunities to enhance value from the supply chain
- The Sourcing Specialist leads Supplier Relationship Management program in support of the Sourcing Department goals
- Establishes supplier performance metrics, process Improvement and value-add opportunities
- The Sourcing Specialist will support DCL requirements for compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. SOLAS, MARPOL, USCG, Lloyds Registry, etc.)
- The Sourcing Specialist will lead and/or support business efforts to protect the brand and achieve Corporate Citizenship goals in Environmentality and Supplier Diversity
- 3-5 years’ experience in supporting a Strategic Sourcing and Procurement department
- Negotiation experience of pricing and commercial terms and conditions
- Drafting of Statements of Work for simple to moderately complex technical and non-technical engagements
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Exchange, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Keeps commitments
- Interacts well with people who have different cultures, backgrounds and work styles (Invites diverse points of view)
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience
- Uses technology to facilitate better results and support productivity
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve (Conceives creative ideas)
- Fluent in English
- Experience in a Cruise Line Sourcing department with understanding of the applicable Categories, including MRO and Marine Technical Operations
- Contributes to team collaboration (Remaining productive despite uncertainty)
- Uses knowledge of the company's products and services to meet customer needs and financial targets
- Conveys relevant information (challenges, issues, trends, etc.) with external suppliers and internal cross-functional teams in a candid and timely manner
- Suggests ways to increase efficiencies in communication and output with the team and key suppliers
- Strengthens others through mentoring and feedback (Inspiring and motivating peers)
- PREFERRED – Operational familiarity with AMOS and SAP Procurement modules
- Professional certification in supply chain management (C.P.M., CPSM, or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline)
- Masters Degree
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Disney Cruise Line is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.