Sourcing Specialist, Food & BeverageApply NowApply Later Job ID 885433BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of the Disney Cruise Line Sourcing Team and be responsible for Food and Beverage related Sourcing & Procurement activities with a focus on: client management, category management, sustainable international sourcing and technical solutions in support of the Disney Cruise Line fleet and private island.
This individual will be accountable for Disney Cruise Line sourcing initiatives, consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with consideration of effective currency optimization and landed cost, without compromising business strategy and performance.
- 1-3 years’ experience in the operations, strategic sourcing and / or supply chain disciplines
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively engage stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate with various peer / client communication styles
- Ability to adapt to changing client needs
- Strong proficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability / desire to work in diverse environment
- Organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple projects
- 3-5 years’ experience in the food and beverage operations, strategic sourcing and / or supply chain disciplines
- Prior work experience within Cruise Line, Distributor, Hotel, Manufacturer, or Restaurant business
- International Food and Beverage Sourcing
- Analytical problem solving skills to formulate calculations to support recommendations and strategic thinking ability
- Internal customer focus – ability to identify / solicit key stakeholder needs; develop solutions to address their needs
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of:
- Food and Beverage industry trends and conditions
- Sourcing & Procurement processes
- Professional certification in C.P.M., Logistics or S.C.M.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, other quantitative discipline or equivalent working experience.
- Agricultural and / or Food Science experience a plus
- Master’s degree (i.e. MBA) would be beneficial
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.