Already applied?View Dashboard
Strategic Sourcing/Contracts Manager, Disney Cruise Line ShipsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 659584BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 16, 2019
Job Summary:The Department has the primary responsibility of sourcing goods and services and coordinating their delivery for the Disney Cruise Line Ships and the private Island Castaway Cay. The Specialist provides departmental support in the facilitation of competitive bids for goods and services, negotiation of contracts and drafting of technical statements of work for the Disney Cruise Line fleet, and the associated locations. The Specialist will coordinate with shoreside stakeholders in the various operational departments that support operational categories including Hotel, Entertainment, and Marine Technical Operations, as well as operational peers, to define requirements, supply chain options, and develop market strategies. The Specialist will support the broader departmental programs including Category management, Supplier Relationship Management, and Environmental Sustainability.
- The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for with a focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions in support of DCL operations.
- The individual will be responsible for the negotiation and life-cycle management of business agreements.
- The individual will be resoponsible for coordinating with stakeholder in the drafting of detailed technical Statements of Work.
- This individual will be accountable for business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
- The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross- functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers.
- The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
- The Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients
- Provides quote management and order execution for assigned DCL vessel
- Coordinates and confirms requirments for on-board stakeholders
- Negotiates cost and lead time
- Leverage global supply base to ensure acquisition of
- Escelates as needed to resolve issues, i.e. extended or missed timelines, order errors, and returns
- Provides timely communication to stakeholder
- The Sourcing Specialist leads Supplier Relationship Management program in support of the Sourcing Department goals
- Establishes supplier performance metrics, process Improvement and value-add opportunities
- The Sourcing Specialist will support DCL requirements for compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. SOLAS, MARPOL, USCG, Lloyds Registry, etc)
- The Sourcing Specialist will lead and/or support business efforts to protect the brand and meet Corporate Citizenship goals in Environmentality and Supplier Diversity
- 3-5 years experience in supporting a Sourcing and Procurement department
- Familiarity with Maritime regulations including, but not limited to MARPOL, SOLAS, etc.
- Understands Global trade and import requirements
- Treats others with respect
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Keeps commitments
- Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience
- Uses technology to facilitate better results and support productivity
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve (Conceives creative ideas)
- Fluent in English
- Experience in a Cruise Line Sourcing department with understanding of the applicable Categories, including MRO and Marine Technical Operations
- Contributes to team collaboration (Remaining productive despite uncertainty)
- Uses knowledge of the company's products and services to meet customer needs and financial targets
- Conveys relevant information (challenges, issues, trends, etc.)with external suppliers and internal cross-functional teams in a candid and timely manner
- Suggests ways to increase efficiencies in communication and output with the team and key suppliers
- Strengthens others through mentoring and feedback (Inspiring and motivating peers)
- Operational familiarity with AMOS and SAP Procurement modules
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline)
- Professional certification in supply chain management from C.P.M, CPSM, or equivalent preferred
- Masters Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.