Sourcing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 953765BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 17, 2022
- The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for with a focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions in support of the Strategic Services team, Operations and Special projects.
- This individual will be accountable for business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
- The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross- functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers.
- The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
- The Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients
- Provides quote management and order execution for special projects
- Coordinates and confirms requirements for stakeholders
- Negotiates cost and lead time
- Leverage global supply base to ensure acquisition of requirements at the best landed cost
- Escalates as needed to resolve issues, i.e. extended or missed timelines, order errors, and returns
- Provides timely communication to stakeholder
- Negotiation of goods and services contracts and Statement’s of Work
- Identify opportunities to enhance value from the supply chain
- The Sourcing Specialist leads Supplier Relationship Management program in support of the Sourcing Department goals
- Establishes supplier performance metrics, process Improvement and value-add opportunities
- The Sourcing Specialist will lead and/or support business efforts to protect the brand and achieve Corporate Citizenship goals in Environmental and Supplier Diversity
- 3-5 years’ experience in supporting a Strategic Sourcing and Procurement department
- Negotiation experience of pricing and commercial terms and conditions
- Drafting of Statements of Work for simple to moderately complex technical and non-technical engagements
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Exchange, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Uses technology to facilitate better results and support productivity
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve (Conceives creative ideas)
Preferred Qualifications:Experience in a Sourcing department with understanding of the applicable Categories, including Professional Services, Technology, Resort Operations, transportation services, new and special projects and other categories
Contributes to team collaboration (Remaining productive despite uncertainty)
Uses knowledge of the company's products and services to meet customer needs and financial targets
Conveys relevant information (challenges, issues, trends, etc.) with external suppliers and internal cross-functional teams in a candid and timely manner
Suggests ways to increase efficiencies in communication and output with the team and key suppliers
Strengthens others through mentoring and feedback (Inspiring and motivating peers)
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, or other quantitative discipline)
Preferred EducationMasters Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.