Sr Analyst, Income TaxApply NowApply Later Job ID 771445BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 05, 2021
The Tax Compliance Group is responsible for the preparation and filing of all income tax returns. This generally encompasses 1 federal consolidated return which includes all >1000 domestic subsidiaries and information returns for all foreign subsidiaries. The group also files many state income tax returns. The group assists other groups within the tax department (e.g. tax planning, tax provision, audit controversy) with the tasks that reside in those groups and in implementing department objectives.
The overall purpose of this position is to prepare and supervise the preparation of the federal and state tax returns related to specific business units. There will be additional projects related to tax planning and tax provision.
Responsibilities:Candidate will report to the Supervisor, Income Tax. Candidate must be comfortable working directly with business units, external service providers, and management. Position requires strong communication, interpersonal, project management skills and acute attention to detail.
Every Day as a member of the Disney Tax team is transformative. You will be responsible for:
- Data collection and analysis (including SAP, Tax Driver, Tax Packages, Direct Inquiry)
- Preparation of tax return workpaper packages
- Analysis of changes to federal and state tax laws
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Prepare/assist preparation of global calculations (e.g. R & D credit, payroll apportionment, bonus, etc)
- Project taxable income amounts for estimated tax purposes, provision and extensions
- Stock Basis calculations
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Prepare responses to notices from states
- Items Involving Interaction with Other tax groups:
- Tracking of deferred tax assets and liabilities
- Assisting with federal and state income tax audits
- Special projects (FIN48 analysis, tax planning, and department wide initiatives)
- 3-4 years in a large corporation or similar experience in a large accounting firm. Experience should be focused on federal and state income tax.
- Experience with direct reports is a plus.
- Income tax preparation software (such as OneSource RS or CorpTax), RIA (or similar tax research software) Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience should be focused on federal and state tax.
- Strong desire to broaden and build skills
- Broad understanding of state tax compliance issues such as nexus determinations and apportionment methodologies
- Strong desire to broaden/build skills
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to collaboration and problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to independently identify and resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to frame communications appropriate to audience
- Strong information technology skills: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude; ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understands cross functional impact and ability to build consensus with internal and external business partners
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.