Sr Art DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 879385BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 19, 2021
But make no mistake, as a Sr. Art Director, you'll have other responsibilities too. You will create fresh conceptual ideas for Disney Parks alongside talented team members. You will show your problem-solving skills and think creatively for a range of advertising media while mentoring Jr. Creatives. Social and digital by design, we expect every Yellow Shoes creative team member to grasp the importance of thinking creatively in a tech-inspired world. Solid, imaginative design ability and expert understanding of the creative production process are expected. As part of our team, curiosity and a passion to learn will take you very far.
You will report to a Group Creative Strategy Director.
Responsibilities:• Think creatively and build storytelling solutions that bring magic to Disney's retail and eCommerce experience.
• Flex your creative muscle across a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, etc., and identify strategic and creative opportunities.
• Consider many perspectives and can also operate at the lowest level of detail in service of marketable solutions for advertising problems.
• Work with cross-functional teams and build relationships with business and creative partners.
• Work well with a Sr. Copywriter partner to achieve remarkable 360 campaign concepts.
• Mentor Jr. Creatives, guides their daily creative work and offers feedback.
• Construct and present with assurance a cohesive creative presentation.
• Operate with a high degree of ownership & deliver projects according to timelines and deadlines.
Basic Qualifications:• 7 years of experience as a conceptual art director at a creative agency or in-house.
• Expertise in retail/eCommerce, including current industry trends & creative work.
• A love for ideas – both big and small.
• A unique voice and point of view.
• Retail expertise and champion ideas led by strategy.
• Experience working within quick timelines and deadlines.
• High on talent, low on ego.
• Eye for design, typography and photography with an emphasis on details.
• Experience presenting to all levels - senior to executive.
• Turn around detailed comps/mockups promptly in an iterative environment.
• Knowledge and genuine interest in the Walt Disney Company history – including films, animation, television, theme parks and products.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
Preferred Qualifications:• Flash and other editing software.
• After Effects and 3D experience.
Required EducationA minimum of an associates (2 year) in advertising, art, graphic art or design.
Preferred EducationAn ad school or liberal arts (4 year) degree.
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
yellowshoes yellow shoes #DPEP_Media.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.