Sr Business Analyst-Business Automation PlatformsApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7107519020211128 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Business Automation Platforms group is part of the Core Systems & Platforms organization. We are responsible for TWDC's business automation and enterprise service management platforms. We provide strategic technology solutions in support of empowering the business, workforce, and technology communities through digital transformation.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for translating business requirements into user stories and outcomes for development, testing, and implementation. They act as Product Owners, serving as a voice of the customer within the engineering team and prioritizing the team backlog to streamline the execution priorities. They play a significant role in quality control, by establishing acceptance criteria, ensuring both functional and user-acceptance testing, and evaluating completed stories according to the definition of “done”. They demonstrate customer centricity and service orientation, by building collaborative relationships across the enterprise and ensuring the delivery of quality product that delivers the desired business outcomes.
- Responsible for defining the priorities of agile team, managing the team backlog, and prioritizing the user stories, defects, and enablers
- Acts as subject matter expert with internal stakeholders and the assigned product or product areas
- Manage own work to deliver according to project schedules and be accountable for agile team delivery and project schedules
- Ensure alignment of team backlog with strategic priorities of product management and program backlog
- Collaborate with technology and end-user communities to understand business process and elicit, define, and document requirements
- Write well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria based on established requirements
- Partner with engineering to develop test strategy and write test cases across the agile testing matrix (Unit, Functional, System, and Non-Functional) to ensure coverage of applicable business processes and system functions
- Collaborate with engineering resources to execute tests, analyze results, and resolve defects
- Evaluate the delivered stories against the definition of done and the established acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with business partners on implementation, including training, change management, and communications
- Lead and manage assigned projects, budgets and provide monthly forecasts
- Serve as an escalation point for difficult problems and complex inquiries
- Act as a peer group leader to and help train staff on business systems analysis standards and processes
Basic Qualifications :
- At least 5 years of experience in a business systems analysis role or as a product owner, managing a complex product within an enterprise
- At least 3 years’ experience participating in ServiceNow, Salesforce, or Appian development projects
- Strong technology background and applicable technology skills
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 or later and ITSM best practices
- Experience as a product owner, driving the outcomes for a single product or complex feature
- Strong communication, writing, and executive presentation skills
- Translate complex ideas into understandable requirements, value statements, and business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams to deliver projects and business outcomes
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (PMI-ACP, SAFe Agilist, ICP-ACC, etc.)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.