Sr Business Systems Analyst
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 959497BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Apr. 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Disney Retail Technology team provides retail solutions across the Walt Disney family of companies including shopDisney/Disney Store. Reporting to the Manager - Business Relationships, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst connects Business and IT teams to find technology solutions that meet the system and process needs of all partners. We rely on the Sr. Business Analyst to provide ongoing assistance in the development, operations, and optimizations of retail systems through their understanding and documentation of requirements
- Capture requirements for updates to our systems supporting a variety of commerce partners including shopDisney/Disney Store, Disney Parks and Resorts, ESPN, and Disney+, in addition to external partners.
- Collaborate with technical teams to design system solutions for both new projects and continuous improvement efforts within the global retail space while ensuring they support our goals and IT strategies.
- Analyze requirements and produce documentation/ticketing to support software development at multiple levels – front-end and backend.
- Support commerce projects, enhancements, and new systems by working with product teams, partners, and other IT teams to determine requirements, develop technical solutions, build test scripts/scenarios, provide training to our users and develop any necessary technical documentation.
- Provide second line contact for user support, with heavy focus on data and functional analysis.
- Create archival documentation to support knowledge transfer once each initiative has completed.
- Evaluate identified issues and guide them to resolution.
- Make recommendations to solve business issues based on interaction with partners or perceived business need.
- 5+ years of software delivery experience -- Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid variations using both scrum and kanban.
- 5+ years of commerce experience.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud, Island Pacific or other Retail Merchandising system.
- Experience with IBM Sterling or other Retail Order Management system.
- Experience with service oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Commerce Cloud or another e-commerce platform.
- Experience building user story-based documentation in Confluence and Jira for Agile Software Development and Test-driven Development methodologies.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.