Sr. Commercial Intelligence AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 784232BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
The Commercial Intelligence team guides our Walt Disney World (WDW) Commercial Strategy organization’s focus with advanced analysis that leverages creative, data-driven insights about our Guests and business. We get to work directly with the major decision-makers at Disney that shape the WDW experience. Through our insights, we help form and improve Disney products and offerings.
As a Sr. Commercial Intelligence Analyst, you'll provide both project driven and day-to-day support and analysis to enable our WDW Commercial teams to meet our revenue and Guest experience goals. You will have responsibilities managing theme park inventory across several audiences. You will also be a subject-matter expert on reservations data, along with being a storyteller through your analysis and visualizations. This role requires you to leverage your creativity to build effective reports and dashboards for internal consumption.
Responsibilities:On any given day you might perform the following functions:
• Analytics & Visualization: Interprets and visualizes insights via interactive dashboards.
• Validation of Data Insights: Audits analyses and triangulates output to ensure highest level of accuracy, integrity, and efficiency.
• Reporting: Owns, maintains, and evolves reports/dashboards, and monitor and enhance based on business needs. Prepares frequent executive updates with a focus on storytelling.
• Inventory Optimization: Work with multiple partners to develop and execute processes that ensure predictable and optimal theme park reservations fulfillment.
To keep your role challenging and fulfilling, additional responsibilities may include:
• Own project-based initiatives – extracting requirements, objectives, success metrics, and proper communication strategy to partners, leaders, and peers
• Work closely with our data science team for advanced analytics integration
• Fact-check the accuracy of reports, looking for ways to ensure that the analysis and recommended outcomes are structurally sound, backed-up with evidence and logic, and contain well-defined and documented assumptions
• Consult in problem-solving by working with business partners, going beyond calculating numbers to deeply knowing their business, our Guests, and contextual elements that make results meaningful for actionable decision-making
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a quantitative, analytics, or financial role
• Knowledge of Walt Disney World data across all lines of business (e.g., Parks, Resorts, Merchandise, Food & Beverage)
• Knowledge of industry-leading business intelligence tools / capabilities and internal data platforms (e.g., Teradata/Snowflake, Tableau)
• Ability to draw inferences, quantify uncertainty, and understand limitations of analysis
• Proficiency in at least one programming language such as R, Python, or SQL
• Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written skills for both technical and non-technical executive audiences
• Ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions of an organization
• Demonstrated exceptional organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail while balancing multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Analytics, or other related quantitative field, with preference for a Master’s degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.