Manager II Platform AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050743 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 02, 2023
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help encourage that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and build the never-before-seen! Are you ready to join this team and make your impact?
The Customer Engagement (CE) team delivers powerful customer experiences across marketing touchpoints by using data and tools to bring marketing to life. The Sr. Data Scientist will report to the Manager, CE Advanced Analytics, who leads both the Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence functions within the Customer Engagement – Direct Channel organization.
This Data Science-focused role on the CE Advanced Analytics team consists of the following functions: Developing analyses, predictive models, self-service end-user tools, dashboards and workflows demonstrating Machine Learning algorithms, and innovative technologies such as Snowflake, Dataiku, and Tableau. This role will also work with multi-functional partners to showcase insights while recommending applications that advance CE Marketing and Audience strategies. This role will also lead the development of plans, communications, and timelines for individual projects using the Agile framework. Additionally, this role is encouraged to mentor and guide fellow cast members through data understanding, the use of statistical methods and advanced ML concepts.
- Build predictive models on guest behavior; examples include: likelihood to purchase, likelihood to engage with a marketing message, or estimating spend
- Design and conduct statistical experiments (ex. A/B testing) to measure the efficiency of our audiences
- Mine for insights by using exploratory data analysis or interpreting model results
- Develop self-service end-user tools and dashboards to help partners understand audience behavior, audience performance and contactibility
- Work with cross-functional partners to find efficiencies, understand requirements and goals, deliver optimal products, and implement.
- Find opportunities to develop or use analytics to meet a business objective
- Work with technical partners to source new data or resolve issues with existing data
- Showcase insights and educate partners on developed products, which highlight advancing CE strategies and contributing.
- Develop plans and timelines for individual projects by working in agile framework to deliver work products in sprints. Leverage tools such as Jira and Airtable to track and catalog work, and communicate progress to direct leadership.
- Mentor cast that perform supporting tasks.
You Will Have:
We are looking for demonstrated experience applying data science modeling techniques and proper statistical testing methodology to guest behavior (resorts, cruises, theme park tickets, merchandise) and Marketing engagement. We desire someone who is comfortable planning, researching, and creating solutions.
- 5+ years of experience using programming languages (Python or R preferred) to build predictive models and to conduct statistical testing with sound experimental design
- 5+ years of experience using SQL (Teradata, Hive, or Snowflake)
- 5+ years of experience with Machine Learning algorithms and statistical methods including classification models such as logistic regression and decision trees, and segmentation models such as clustering and scoring.
- Experience using Machine Learning platforms such as Dataiku, DataRobot, or Databricks
- Experience communicating technical work to non-technical partners
- Experience using the following machine learning libraries: Scikit-Learn, MLLib, or H2O.ai
- Experience using Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or Qlik
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, or similar degree
Benefits and Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.