Sr Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049784 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 19, 2023
DWSS/Corporate is an expanding team of process experts and accounting professionals who provide shared accounting services to the Walt Disney Company (including all business segments). This position is responsible for conducting discreet business transformation and activity migration activities from multiple locations to a central service environment and conducting the day-to-day accounting and reporting activities performed by the team. You’ll team with the best in the business, in a fast paced environment, to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. This role has high interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel. This position represents a unique opportunity to help an expanding team in the provision of accounting expertise, often within a team of other functional experts, on key business initiatives and special projects within the Company.
The Corporate Real Estate and Lease Accounting department has recently implemented the new lease accounting guidance for the entire company and centralized global accounting for leases. This position will be integral in providing technical accounting expertise regarding the new lease accounting standard and as well as in relation to day to day accounting and real estate transactions.
- Day to day general ledger accounting and reporting activities for Corporate Real Estate
- Preparation, coordination, review and analysis of the management reporting process for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Evaluate contracts to appropriate ASC 842 and/or IFRS 16 accounting treatment
- Review of ASC 842 amortization schedule calculations for leases
- System development and related testing
- Responsible for research and replies to business unit inquiries
- Technical research and brainstorming for ways to solve issues
- Provide analytical support to the Finance teams for annual AOP and quarterly forecast processes
- Analysis and preparation of monthly and quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet variance analyses
- SOX, governmental, and tax compliance tasks
- Manage internal and external auditor requests
- Preparation of 10K/10Q related reporting and quarterly deliverables
- Ad hoc project work and reporting for business unit requests
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting work experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, specifically)
- Public Accounting Experience
- SAP Experience
- 4 Year Degree, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.