Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Operations
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 848400BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 09, 2021
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from streaming, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
Network & Infrastructure Operations is responsible for the maintenance, service delivery, supplier oversight, and L1/L2 Operations. This includes, supplier oversight, system administration, compliance, system patching, backup management, storage allocation, etc. across The Walt Disney Company. Technology functions include:
- global data, wireless and voice networks
- platform operations inclusive of server and storage
- data center and critical facility day to day activities
This Leader will be the primary decision maker for standards, methods, and best practices used throughout all areas of responsibility. Decisions made by this leader will have a significant impact on the efficiency and reliability of Disney’s technology operations and supported business functions. This position reports to the Director, Network and Infrastructure Operations.
Responsibilities:The Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Operations is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for the team. This includes developing engineers, setting direction, managing work intake requests, meeting with suppliers, and partnering with cross functional leaders within the enterprise. Responsibilities include:
- Technical leader who will provide thought leadership and drive execution excellence.
- Maintains strong relationships with all Segment/Business Units as well as other Enterprise Technology teams in defining IT service operations delivery mechanisms, meeting service level requirements and resolving service operations issues across the portfolio.
- Technical and process expert whom will provide thought leadership and drives execution excellence in ensuring that all support and delivery processes and workflows are consistent with Disney business policy and expectation. Creates a strong emphasis on ‘measurable activity’ and ensures SLA/OLA and KPI objectives are met.
- The infrastructure operations team is responsible for the Level 1 & Level 2 day-to-day operations of server and storage services. This would include supplier SLA management, system administration, backup management, storage allocation to customers, audit reporting, compliance, version control, and like for like customer refreshes.
- This team partners closely with the suppliers to ensure that traditional workloads such as enterprise business systems have adequate infrastructure coverage. This team also partners closely with the engineering organization to ensure that new services are adequately transitioned, existing services are adequately enhanced, and report automation/transformation opportunities for engineering to focus on.
- Platform management, support, and governance – responsibility for technology infrastructure platform including UNIX, Windows, AIX, AS400, Storage, database and Web Services.
- A successful candidate would need to be comfortable being responsible for service delivery while not having accountability for service ownership.
Basic Qualifications:8+ years work experience:
- Experience managing server and storage teams
- Deep technical understanding of disciplines and services offered within server and storage scope
- Experience with enterprise applications
Preferred Qualifications:10+ years work experience:
- Experience managing supplier supported services, and deep passion for operations
- Passion for runbook operations, availability, and sustainment in large matrixed organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience
- Masters Degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.