Sr Manager, Licensing, Consumables, Marvel & 20th CenturyApply NowApply Later Job ID 901558BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 20, 2022
The Senior Manager is responsible for leading Marvel and 20th Century’s consumables business (including Food, Beverage, Beauty and Pets Products) and developing strategic licensee partnerships (including several global licensees) to expand distribution and revenue through lifestyle brand initiatives, new product launches, and consumer packaged goods category expansion. This role will develop and lead consumer products programs in connection with content, games and marketing initiatives.
- Develop strategic growth opportunities for consumables categories
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to the consumables team
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units and regional partners that result in new business and/or cross-promotional opportunities
Finance and Business Planning:
- Develop and present annual operating plans
- Present quarterly revenue forecasts and business insights to management
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities and strategize toward building incremental business
- Set team objectives and priorities to ensure financial success
Licensee and Category Management:
- Provide business vision and set strategic direction for consumables categories
- Lead relationship with several global licensees including deal negotiation and developing growth plans aligned with consumer, retailer and region team needs
- Identify new opportunities including bringing on board new partners where necessary
- Pitch companies to develop consumer products programs in connection with content and marketing events
- Manage day-to-day relationship with licensees including onboarding, contract negotiation, identifying opportunities, resolving issues, approvals, and promotion
- Research and understand the competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer, and industry needs
Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Create retail strategies and identify ways to expand retail presence
- Provide product and licensee information to the retail and marketing teams to support retail meetings and presentations
- Inform and guide licensees in the execution of marketing initiatives
- Ensure licensee participation in retailer promotional and marketing plans
- Proactively engage internal Marketing, Communications and Social Media teams to drive awareness of product lines
- Monitor retail sales performance of key licensees and programs
- At least 5 years experience in licensing and category management – experience with Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Food, Beverage and/or Beauty categories a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; able to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, entrepreneurial, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree + 5-7 years of directly related experience
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.