Sr. Manager, Licensing SL Disney & Pixar (home decor /infant bedding)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 959423BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Senior Manager of Softlines manages our home licensees (notably furniture, décor, seasonal and infant home). Their main accountability is to drive revenue growth through licensed brand collaborations and pursuing new business partnerships. You will lead consumer products programs in alignment with our Evergreen Franchise teams and new content partners. You will report to the Director of Commercialization.
- Develop strategic growth opportunities for assigned global partnerships within home
- Provide direction and coaching to a team of 3 (2 managers and an associate)
- Build team-oriented relationships with peers and other key business units and regional partners that result in new business and/or cross-promotional opportunities
- Present annual operating plans
- Present quarterly revenue forecasts and business insights
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities and strategize toward building incremental business
- Set team objectives and priorities to ensure financial success
- Set strategic direction for assigned global partnerships within softlines: includes deal negotiation and developing growth plans aligned with consumer, retailer, and region teams
- Identify new opportunities, including the onboarding of new partners, where necessary
- Pitch companies to develop consumer products programs in connection with content and marketing events
- Manage daily relationship with Licensees including onboarding, contract negotiation, identifying opportunities, resolving issues, approvals, and promotion
- Research and understand the competitive landscape; analyze market trends, consumer trends, retail, and industry needs
- Create retail strategies and identify ways to expand retail presence for assigned partners / portfolio
- Provide product and Licensee information to the retail and marketing teams to support meetings and presentations
- Inform and guide Licensees in the execution of marketing initiatives
- Ensure Licensee participation in retail promotion and marketing plans
- Engage internal Marketing, Communications, and Social Media teams to drive awareness of product lines
- Monitor retail sales performance of key Licensees and programs
- At least 7+ years' of directly related experience (Licensing, business development, account management); with an understanding of the apparel or accessories space
- Ablility to collaborate, influence, and lead at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, entrepreneurial, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel (on occasion)
- Bachelor's degree, Masters degree is a plus
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This position will be located in Celebration, FL
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.