Sr. Messaging Integration Engineer
Celebration, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 848596BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 02, 2021
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives our competitive advantage by enhancing consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence. Enterprise Technology is guided by the principles of being service focused and collaborative, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage of TWDC scale and through continuous improvement.
The Digital Experience organization is responsible for understanding and innovating on new ways of working, having a broad focus on employee experience and applying user experience principles across the digital landscape. Engineering is responsible for the design, integration, quality, and security of services which positively impact the daily employee experience, such as Workplace Services and Devices, Messaging and Collaboration, Unified Communications and Experiences, custom solution/application development, and business intelligence, data, and analytics.
This role is flexible to sit out of any of our hub cities in: Seattle, Washington; Burbank/Glendale, California; Bristol, Connecticut; Orlando, Florida.
Responsibilities:The Sr. Messaging Integration Engineer will be responsible for the integration and implementation of Digital Experience (DX) solutions across the enterprise as a key contributor on the DX team. They will coordinate and lead the deliverables for technical integration and implementation of workplace services products and services. Other key responsibilities include:
- Define / maintain all aspects of the integration engineering process including service / product technical evaluation process, lab testing, and service solution design.
- They will work closely with the Manager of DX Integration Engineering to ensure alignment with Enterprise Technology strategies, standards and policies.
- Oversee and coordinate project timelines for engineering activities and Disney resources to ensure requirements are understood, dependencies are defined, and the engineered solution is documented and refined to be developed into a future offering. This includes closely coordinating with other teams who are responsible supporting a service including insourced, outsourced and vendor-managed teams. This role is also responsible for ensuring a high level of satisfaction with engineered services.
- Recommend and integrate solutions to increase effectiveness and efficiency of solution architecture and engineering to further enhance support capabilities, documentation and reporting.
Contributes to the solution engineering design and integration for DX products and services. This includes:
• Communicating, project tracking, and status reporting / dashboard to leadership.
• Evaluates capabilities of services / products and design solutions to deliver future service offering through detailed technical analysis.
• Provides feedback on engineered designs and adapts to accommodate environmental conditions
• Follows structured methodologies for technical analysis of products and solutions.
• Establishes close relationships with and provides oversight of vendor and supplier partners
• Maintains strong knowledge of emerging technologies and trends
• Develops scripts, utilities, and applications to aid in automation and operations of a product service
• Oversees the definition and updating of functional requirements and includes in engineering analysis
• Key contributor for the definition and documentation of processes and procedures for engineering services based on Workplace Services architectural frameworks
• Develops and maintains a capacity and performance forecast
Project Oversight and Coordination
• Provides technical oversight for projects and ensures a standard technical methodology is used to meet budget, scope, and schedule goals
• Ensures that technical project coordination, milestones, and deliverables are met
• Oversees and approves technical aspect of change management process
• Reviews Disney Project Authorization Request’s (PAR) and Technical Solution Documents (TSDs) to assess technical impact of services
- 10+ years of progressive experience in an IT related field
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience implementing and integrating complex enterprise-level Messaging and Email, remote access, endpoint management, desktop deployment, and software distribution tools in environments with at least 50,000 desktops/users including:
- O365 Communication and Collaboration technologies including Exchange, Lync/Skype, and SharePoint Online
- Active Directory, ADFS, AADC - structure and security related to OUs, GPOs, and user / group
- Remote Access Technologies leveraging Citrix, VMWare, Aruba, and Big-IP
- Application / Software Deployment Management using standard packaging and deployment tools management both on-premise and in the cloud
- Deep level of knowledge in application compatibilities and integrating dissimilar applications to a common platform.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience designing and integrating dissimilar messaging platforms
- 5+ years creating code-based solutions using Powershell, Python, or other similar languages used for automation using JSON, XML, and other similar standard formats
- 5+ years experience in an engineering capacity in an enterprise IT department.
- 3+ years experience in project management of large IT initiatives
- 3+ years experience working with suppliers in an outsourced environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong customer skills, quality performance and results-oriented
- Strong technical analysis and engineering skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and provide coordination across matrixed virtual teams and organizations
- Ability to analyze complex business / technical data and develop innovative solutions
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to focus / align teams around critical initiatives
- Advanced Microsoft certifications
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology or Business related field or equivalent proven work experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.