Sr Mgr-Analytics and IntegrationApply NowApply Later Job ID 10017012 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 17, 2023
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) organization. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
We are seeking an inspiring and collaborative leader to serve as Senior Manager, Analytics and Integration to support all of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products businesses including Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Aulani, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Consumer Insight, Measurement, and Analytics (CIMA). The senior manager will lead cross functional teams responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and leveraging analytics, research, and other sources of insight to shape the future of the business. In a rapidly changing consumer and market environment, with ever increasing touch points and data, the emphasis is on cutting through the noise to provide actionable insight – clear, objective, strategic, holistic, timely, and relevant. The optimal candidate will have proven success using business performance analytics and research to positively influence decisions.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-site teams to synthesize and integrate information summarizing business results, outlook, consumer insights, and opportunities (e.g., demand indicators, consumer insights, web analytics, operational metrics, guest satisfaction, etc) for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Shanghai Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disneyland Paris and report weekly to Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman and Executive Committee members including site presidents. Work on responses to Chairman and EC member questions related to reasons for business/consumer KPI variances.
- Independently analyze and synthesize data and information including consumer data, marketing analytics, sales data, and digital website, mobile app, & operational data
- Translate consumer, digital, marketing, and sales insights into actionable, business-driving strategies
- Create and present succinct communications that frame insights for senior leadership
- Foster relationships with external and internal partners, building influence
- Drive cross DPEP and cross TWDC CIMA initiatives. Drive cross CIMA projects including:
- Exploration and evaluation analytics and insights vendors
- Development and review of CIMA innovation roadmap, international roadmap, analytics and insights vendor/supplier assessments, sharing industry technical innovation trends through updates.
- Corporate DMED/DPEP initiatives
- Cross- CIMA presentation development, etc. Town Halls, onboarding presentations for new DPEP leaders.
- Lead internal communication strategy, including written messaging vehicles, executive engagement and events that inform, unite and inspire the CIMA organization, in partnership with other groups across Disney Parks, Experience and Consumer Products.
- CIMA-wide budget/forecast management (including CIMA admin budget, shared technology licenses, headcount tracking, etc.)
- CIMA-wide recruiting strategies, onboarding, retention initiatives
- Work directly with CIMA and partner area VP's and Directors to lead cross-CIMA initiatives on strategic planning, Annual Operating Plan (AOP)/Long Term Plan (LTP) development, budget/headcount management, recruiting/onboarding, cast development/recognition, executive communication, and cast recognition.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in business analytics, consumer insight, market research, strategic planning, management consulting, forecasting or similar field
- Demonstrated ability to lead advanced analytics and clearly communicate approach and results (e.g. correlation and regression modeling, demand modeling, marketing mix models, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading analytical and/or research teams
- In-depth understanding of business, consumer, and marketplace dynamics
- Experience in developing strong partnerships and leading cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to integrate multiple data sources into clear, actionable insights and stories
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Experience with SPSS, SAS, SQL, or Tableau
Forecasting consumer behavior/experience with models
Previous experience supporting ongoing tracking, program/initiative measurement, pricing studies, new product innovation, forecasting consumer behavior, or similar studies.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
MBA or Master’s degree in analytics related field (preferred)
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.