Sr Platform Engineer - IAM
Celebration, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 898927BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 08, 2021
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives our competitive advantage by enhancing consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence. Enterprise Technology is guided by the principles of being service focused and collaborative, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage of TWDC scale and through continuous improvement.
Disney’s Enterprise Technology Identity and Access Management (IAM) group is responsible for providing a Core IAM ecosystem of products and platforms in use across the company by cast members, employees, and partners within Disney’s business segments (DMED, DPEP, Studios, DGE) and Corporate functions. Our vision is to provide modern Identity and Access Management capabilities and services that are simple, seamless, and secure to protect our workforce, our data, and our brands. Our IAM teams are located in Orlando FL, Burbank CA, and Seattle WA - and we will consider any of these locations for this role.
Responsibilities:This role will be responsible for the integration, implementation, and transformation of vendor-based Identity and Access Management (IAM) products and platforms that support cast members, and employees, and partners of Disney. Plans, validates, and executes on deliverables for technical integration and implementation of our IAM services in coordination with IAM domain architects, service managers/owners, software engineers, and our operations teams.
In collaboration with domain architects, defines / maintains all aspects of the platform engineering process including service / product technical evaluation process, lab testing, and service solution design. Works closely with architects, service owners to ensure alignment with Enterprise Technology strategies, standards and policies. This role often includes closely coordinating with other teams who are responsible supporting a service including insourced, outsourced and vendor-managed teams. This role is also responsible for ensuring a high level of satisfaction with engineered services.
Contributes to the platform/solutions engineering efforts for vendor-provided Enterprise IAM products and services. This includes:
- Active participant in IAM Transformation program and projects on a cross-functional team to progressively drive and execute on the lifecycle (adopt, evolve, retire/transform) of our IAM services at Disney
- Evaluates capabilities of services / products and designs solutions/plans to deliver technology-current and business-aligned service offerings that evolve our cybersecurity defense, and embrace both best practices and common standards
- Identifying and implementing changes to the environment that equip both application owners and end users with a great IAM experience
- Collaborating closely with software engineering teams in support of their custom developed solutions and products that integrate with vendor platforms
- Communicating, project tracking, and status reporting on efforts as a participant on project and service teams
- Establishes close relationships with and provides oversight of vendor and supplier partners
- Maintains strong knowledge of emerging technologies and trends
- Develops scripts to aid in automation and operations of service offerings
- Recommend and integrate solutions to increase effectiveness and efficiency of solution architecture and engineering to further enhance support capabilities, documentation and reporting
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in IT / enterprise technology supporting identity and access, enterprise platforms, and/or collaboration ecosystems within diverse enterprises
- 3+ years of experience with implementing or maintaining large-scale identity and access management solutions, experienced in areas such as:
- Products/Vendors: Active Directory (AzureAD/AD), Okta, Ping, Azure AD, SailPoint, BeyondTrust, Siteminder
- Single Sign-On; Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Identity Federation, SSO, HCM (e.g., SAP, Workday) and IAM Data Integration
- PAM, IGA
- Familiarity/experience with managing certificate lifecycle and integration
- Protocols/Standards such as SAML, SCIM, OAuth2, OIDC, LDAP, FIDO2, Kerberos
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts applied to operational procedures for end-user IT enablement
- Cross-functional technology skills in areas such as public cloud, SaaS and on-prem applications and platforms, devices, and remote access
- Well-versed in data analysis and reporting to drive self and team’s direction, outcomes, and metrics from data (Comfortable in intermediate level use of Excel and either Tableau or Power B; familiarity in using scripting languages for data analysis)
- 3+ years experience in contributing to large, transformational IT initiatives
- 2+ years experience working with suppliers in an outsourced environment
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication. Ability to connect with all partners, to include leadership, software and platform engineers, end users, and application owners.
- Ability to work collaboratively, establish credibility, and working relationships within Enterprise Technology and with Corporate and Segment partners
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact with a broad range of peoples and roles
- Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail, ability to execute process, and follow through on tasks
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building activities
- Expertise with Agile methodologies and delivering solutions through sprint planning activities
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Okta, and SiteMinder
- Familiarity with deployments and integration of IAM solutions with public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- BS or BA degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, or Business related field
- Professional certifications in Okta, Active Directory, or Ping Identity products
- CISSP/Security Certifications
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.