Sr Platform EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 734511BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
preferred working model for this team. The Senior Platform Engineer will be expected to lead meetings, interface technology and line of business partners, assume responsibility for assigned components of the technical solution, and influence the technical direction and work efforts of their engineering peers.
The senior role is a hands-on platform engineer who will:
- Configure/install apps in lower environments, document installation processes, collaborate on efforts to automate
- Assemble releases and drive improvements in the delivery and release processes
- Influence technical teams by mentoring and coaching, answering questions and solving problems
- Assist with driving technology decisions within the organization
- Work closely with product managers and story owners to design features and prioritize tasks
- Assist with recruiting and selection of technical resources
- Collaborating on internal and vendor delivery of work products
- Delivering technology solutions which meet business delivery expectations, maintain portfolio currency, and incorporate engineering best practices
- Providing technical direction and evaluating the quality of deliverables
- Working closely with technical and non-technical peers and leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management
- Working independently and delivering on agreed-upon timelines
- Driving the diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan, and executing against that plan
- Working closely with the QA, project management and business teams on solution implementation
- Developing, reviewing and executing on established technical road maps and continual product optimizations
- Participating in the creation platform engineering best practices, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, historical metrics, recovery strategies, and migration strategies
- Developing, implementing, and improving processes across technical/project teams
- Providing technical expertise leadership, able to inspire and coach other technical members
- Managing scrum sessions, and executing sprint planning, sprint retrospective, and sprint demo sessions.
- Providing solid facilitation, problem-solving skills and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve project goals.
- Identifying, mitigating or appropriately escalating delivery impediments, risks, issues, and scope changes to development projects.
- Providing thought leadership and technical guidance and recommendations within a globally distributed environment.
- Serving as a technical role model by promoting and demonstrating a commitment to the Agile Methodology and current software engineering processes, including recommending improvements.
- Domestic and international travel to ports and onboard the ships for support, project deployments, dry-docks, and new builds.
Basic Qualifications:EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience collecting, reviewing and updating requirements and/or user stories
- Experience writing technical documentation and providing engineering deliverables
- Experience with SCRUM and other Agile development practices.
- A demonstrated pattern of leadership, formal or otherwise.
- Configure/install/deploy custom code (Vendor and DCL developed), as well as COTS products.
- Analyze upgrades for our off the shelf products to determine business justification, level of effort, and potential impacts.
- Subject Matter Expertise for all assigned shipboard applications, integration points, and dependencies
- Coordination and support of technical currency uplifts including DB and OS uplifts
- Act as technical leads on capital and expense projects. Embedded with the project team for the following functions:
- Defining user stories as they relate to the platform engineering function
- coordination of any necessary hardware (i.e., end-user devices, tablets, printers, RFID readers, etc)
- Defining requirements for server provisioning and the total platform required to support each application
- Articulating firewall rule requirements to the network team
- Participate in (and possibly drive or lead) shipboard deployments for large scale application rollouts and upgrades
- Level 3 support for DCL applications, providing assistance to Level 1 (shipboard IT Officers) and Level 2 support teams.
- Interface with our vendors for problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Provide analysis and guidance on hardware refresh purchases for end-user devices
- Coordination with the DBA teams for software upgrades and deployments
- Provide technical support for all QA and Dev environments
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues, and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources across multiple sites (onsite, offshore, nearshore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- 7+ years of experience engaged as an engineer for multiple complex systems environments
- A thorough understanding and passion for Agile principles
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of cruise line operations and the onboard experience.
- Working knowledge of the technical challenges and limitations involved in deploying applications to a shipboard environment, often with limited connectivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.