Sr Product Manager
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 956259BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 05, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
Disney Enterprise Technology is responsible for technology strategy and management, central engineering, architecture, IT and technical operations for TWDC. In addition to supporting the digital products of the company, DET also provides back-of-house services for the company, from the network layer on up. This includes providing a comprehensive set of technologies (Digital Experience) to support the day-to-day productivity and collaboration of the workforce, not just to deliver products and experiences, but also to build a culture of sharing and innovation across business segments, time zones, and countries contributing to a more productive, engaged, and creative workforce.
As an internal Disney service provider, Enterprise Technology is focused on three key priorities:
- Delivering employee-centric business technology tools which empower cast and employee creativity and productivity
- Delivering services to the TWDC-wide technology community which are market competitive and secure, enabling greater productivity and faster business segment results
- Actively collaborating with business leadership in exploiting technology to drive business results
The Digital Experience Product Management organization manages a strategic portfolio of products and services used by the cast members and employees of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). Products include devices, desktop enterprise applications, content management systems, messaging, collaboration, service management solutions, custom developed applications and various products that allow TWDC business units’ workforce to be creative, productive, and efficient. DX Service Management team works across TWDC with other technology teams and business leaders to ensure that the products and services are integrated successfully into their businesses.
DX Product Management team defines architectural strategy, develops roadmaps, and provides end to end service management accountability for products and services within the DX portfolio. As part of these efforts, DX Product Management partners closely with Global Information Security (GIS) to understand, plan and comply with TWDC Information Security, Compliance, Data Privacy and Data Retention policies. In addition, act as policy lobbyists on behalf of DX by proactively inserting themselves into policy change proceedings in partnership with GIS and Executive leadership, in order to influence strategic direction and clearly articulate business challenges. DX Service Management works closely with Management Audit to perform annual audits of critical platforms in support of leadership objectives.
- Manage all business aspects of each Product including design, planning, budget, allocations, marketing and communication
- Oversee the creation and implementation of Governance of products
- Work with business segments, other technology Leads (both internal and external), and service providers to define technical and business requirements for each Product
- Develop technology strategies for multiple IT products and services to meet current and future business requirements
- Perform trending and analysis to identify efficiencies and improvement opportunities including portfolio rationalization
- Negotiate and maintain contract SOWs, pricing, and support models for appropriate service providers.
- Experience with the management of high value and/or complex enterprise technology outsourcing contracts, financial analysis, and business risk analysis
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft 365 products.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, time constrained environment
- Experience with deployment and productization
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Expert level experience with the whole Microsoft 365 suite
- 4+ years of experience in IT Operations, Service Management, or IT Support in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years using a standard project management methodology
- 3+ years successfully developing enterprise technology standards and roadmaps
- Advanced service management and project management skills and experience
- Advanced relationship management skills and experience
- Experience managing large scale enterprise technology initiatives
- Advanced to expert understanding of the employee facing technologies and fulfillment automation
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings to plan use of new technology
- Demonstrated ability to effectively market and communicate enterprise technology Services
- Strong Customer service skills with the ability to interact with business and technology community at any level
- Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and experience communicating to executives
- Advanced analytical skills with strong problem solving and creative solutioning experience
- Advanced business analysis skills
- BA/BS Degree in Information Technology related field, or equivalent work experience
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.