Sr Software Engineer
Celebration, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 700148BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 05/09/2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Product and Engineering group is part of the Enterprise Technology organization. We are responsible for architecting, developing and managing technology solutions to enable global product supply chain and global product labor standards for The Walt Disney Company’s. We are experts at architecting and building highly scalable solutions that meet the business requirements of the groups across the company we support.
As part of our team, you will be working with a full range of data technologies and architectures including big data platforms, enterprise data warehouses, pub/sub data messaging, master data management, AI/ML predictive analytics, Robotics Process Automation, and multiple reporting and analytics frameworks and tools.
You will be working in a complex, challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment, with other like-minded peers who are solutions and results oriented, and who enjoy collaboration. Besides being experts in their respective fields, our architects and developers are smart, curious, innovative, solutions-oriented, respectful, highly collaborative and continuous learners.
- Developing high-performance, highly scalable and flexible software for enterprise business data solutions supporting global product supply chain and global product labor standards
- Data design and modeling and developing data models across all of the supply chain data systems, especially the design of data in the major data platforms (data warehouses, data lakes, master data management systems).
- Developing data integration solutions using common data integration best practices including: APIs, Messaging Bus, Pub-Sub, ETL
- Close collaboration with architects, business architects and busines systems analysts and other software and data engineers on project teams, following Solutions Architecture model
- Developing secure and compliant data solutions
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution--stayng current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry; continously learning new data technologies and introducing these into the organization
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
- 5 years plus developing enterprise supply chain solutions a plus
- MUST HAVE experience with REST full API"s. Java, PUB/SUB.
- 5 years plus developing enterprise data solutions
- Expertise in software development, with specialty in the domain of enterprise business data solutions, including data platforms, data integration, data mastering, and business intelligence and analytics.
- Expertise in developing technical solutions in supporting supply chain (logistics, trade management, product safety, international labor standards, wharehouse management)
- Expertise in object-oriented software development
- Expertise in data engineering, data design and data modeling
- Expertise in data integration
- Expertise with all aspects of data management: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Expertise in developing and delivering highly-scalable and flexible, cost effective, cloud-based enterprise data solutions
- Expertise developing secure and compliant data solutions
- Expertise in secure software development and secure coding practices
- Expertise in developing cloud-based and open source software solutions
- Expertise in test-driven software development
- Expertise in CI-CD
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Innovative thinking and embraces innovation by constantly seeking new or contrary ideas and approaches to what has been done in the past.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Good communication and presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to “influence without authority.” Strong consensus-building ability and negotiating skills.
- Results oriented, biased toward action
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Keeps fluent in new technologies and successful sharing with peers and introducing new technologies
- Chooses optimism and calls out cynicism and unproductive behavior
- Demonstrates stamina, resilience and perseverance under trying circumstances
- Experience in software development, with specialty in the domain of enterprise business data solutions, including data platforms, data integration, data mastering, and business intelligence and analytics
- Experience in engineering solutions for supply chain and labor standards (logistics, trade management, product safety, international labor standards, wharehouse management)
- Experience developing high-performance, highly-scalable, highly-flexible enterprise software
- Experienc Experience developing APIs
- Experience in engineering and data modeling
- Experience in data integration
- Experience data modeling in multiple platforms including experience with HANA data modeling
- Experience developing data integration solutions using common data integration best practices including: APIs, Messaging Bus, Pub-Sub, ETL
- Experience with data security and compliance
- Experience and with data lifecycle management, data-tiering and data archiving
- Experience developing secure software solutions
- Experience developing solutions using both open source software and vendor software/platforms
- Proven track record of execution and delivery--driving results and meeting commitments
- Experience with agile software development and full SDLC
- BS Computer Science or related technology field
- MS Computer Science or related technology field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.