Sr Software Engineer - HCMApply NowApply Later Job ID 7123318020220522 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from streaming, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
You will be working in a complex, challenging, fast-paced and innovative environment, with other like-minded architects, engineers and product managers Our architects and engineers are diverse, smart, curious, innovative, solutions-oriented, respectful, highly collaborative and continuous learners.
This Senior Software Engineer position is a critical technology and leadership role, responsible for designing and developing software in supporting HCM (Human Capital Management) technology platforms with focus on Workday HCM Integration.
Specifically this role will be responsible for developing software for:
- Core HR
- Talent Solution
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning Management
- Core Benefits
- Payroll integration
- Design, develop and test high performance, highly scalable and flexible software solutions with focus on Workday integrations between internal and external systems
- Translate business requirements to integration design specification
- Develop, test and deploy Workday integrations using Workday Studio, RaaS, Enterprise Interface Building (EIB), Workday Complex Calculated Fields, Web Services, Workday Custom Reports, Web Services, XSLT, and xPath;
- Must have technical knowledge to be able to work with other teams, including third parties, Enterprise applications and infrastructure teams
- Assess Workday twice-year release and identify impact and opportunities to support new features.
- Troubleshoot critical incidents by conducting root cause analysis and identifying solutions
- Experience with integration design using data integration best practices including APIs, Messaging Bus, Pub-Sub, ETL
- Partner with architects, business architects and business systems analysts and other software and data engineers on project teams, following Solutions Architecture model
- 5+ years Workday technical skills (PECI, Studio, Core Connecter, Web Services API, EIB).
- 5+ years’ experience developing Workday Integrations with internal and external consumers.
- Workday consultant or client pro-certified: Workday Studio/Advanced Integrations
- Background in and strong understanding of broad HR systems architecture and data flow
- Extensive knowledge of best-practice business process and technologies for HR functions, focusing on Architecture and Integration to legacy based systems
- Deep knowledge of Workday HCM: the business processes, security frameworks, and advanced reporting
- Understand complexities and nuances with Workday reporting, especially involving different organizational hierarchies within Workday
- A strong business orientation combined with strong IT technical skills.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Exemplary communications skills
- Expertise in developing and delivering highly-scalable and flexible, cost effective, cloud-based enterprise data solutions
- Expertise developing secure and compliant data solutions
- Expertise in secure software development and secure coding practices
- Expertise in developing cloud-based and open source software solutions
- Expertise in test-driven software development
- Expertise in CI-CD
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Innovative thinking and embraces innovation by constantly seeking new or contrary ideas and approaches to what has been done in the past.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Good communication and presentation skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate well to both technical and business audiences.
- Results oriented, biased toward action
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Keeps fluent in new technologies and successful sharing with peers and introducing new technologies
- Chooses optimism and calls out cynicism and unproductive behavior
- Demonstrates stamina, resilience and perseverance under trying circumstances
- BS Computer Science or related technology field
- MS Computer Science or related technology field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.