Sr Software Engineer- Marketing Technology
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 951246BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 29, 2022
Job Summary:“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP). And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! DPEP Technology & Digital is the organization that creates, develops and maintains the technical solutions for the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
This role directly impacts guest experience in the park by providing millions of guests with personalized, important, helpful content when and where they need it. The Senior Engineer would be responsible for supporting product application capabilities within Guest Messaging Platform team by working with internal partners, external partners and vendors to design, implement and sustain technical business solutions that are leveraged across Disney Parks. This position plays a key role in ensuring the delivery of new messaging capabilities and is directly responsible for leading the sustainment of these technical business solutions.
- Continuously create and look for innovative ways to improve processes and functionalities.
- Design, build, test, implement, communicate and sustain messaging capabilities and issues.
- Oversee assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Partner closely with users to enhance and optimize processes, understand needs/requirements, and create technical business solutions.
- Collaborate with internal partners, external partners and vendors on the design and building of business solutions.
- In the near term, help consolidate our guest messaging technologies into a single, modern, real-time platform using Adobe Experience Platform, Snowflake and AWS technologies, apply the platform across multiple communication channels, and drastically improve guest experience by applying new personalization capabilities.
- 7+ years of software engineering, analysis and design
- 7+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- 5+ years with Internet technologies including RESTful web services
- Proficient in all aspects of programming and analysis including design patterns
- Some experience with Adobe Campaign administrative functionalities, including schemas, input forms, web applications, typology rules and advanced workflow design/troubleshooting.
- Some exposure Adobe Experience Platform, Snowflake and AWS technologies like Glue, Step Functions, S3, Kinesis and Lambdas.
- Some experience with onboarding data into AEP Profile, Eventing and Journey Orchestration.
- Some experience with Braze messaging and API integration.
- Strong attention to detail and a strong commitment to delivering high-quality solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively within the organization.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills with the ability to guide and explain technical topics and environment changes to non-technical partners.
- Solid technical judgment, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem determination and solving skills – ability to navigate different technical structures and environments.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and leverage business partners to research and design potential new and innovative solutions.
- Experience with Adobe Campaign and Adobe Experience Platform.
- Experience with dynamic programming languages, ideally Python.
- Experience working in a large data environment with Snowflake and/or SQL Server.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services like Glue, S3 and Lambdas.
- Experience with GitHub and automated release management systems.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming Principles.
- Hospitality/Travel industry experience.
- Knowledge of large database and marketing principles and trends.
- Previous experience in supporting marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Marketing, Business, Engineering, MIS or related field or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.