Sr Android Software Engineer
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784764BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 21, 2021
Job Summary:As an Android Sr. Software Engineer you will have an opportunity to work on innovative retail features including Merchandise and Food & Beverage for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. You will be working in an Agile environment, delivering maintainable code, learning best practices, mentoring junior developers and would be given plenty of opportunities to innovate. In this role, you are expected to be able to act autonomously for day-to-day activities. The ideal candidate is passionate about Kotlin, Android, technology, and mobile development.
- Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, performant native Android applications
- Leading, developing and sustaining the Food & Beverage and Retail features
- Develop software integrations with internal systems and external vendor(s)
- Provide detailed estimates of work and ensure timely delivery of features
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and to specifications
- Leading new software technology innovations to support the Food & Beverage and Retail space
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value
- Presentation of new ideas, concepts, technologies to the organization
- Mentoring other software engineers
- 5+ years of Android Native development experience, 3+ years of Kotlin experience
- Service API integration experience
- Mobile Device performance tuning
- Unit testing and automation testing expertise via the Native tools. Deploying software via CICD pipelines
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand the performance impacts of code and data structures in order to deliver highly optimized code
- Required Knowledge of industry-standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Passionate about writing clean, well-organized, and production-ready code
- Strong communications and collaboration skills
- Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Reactive programming (RxJava, RxAndroid etc)
- Well versed in different architectural patterns
- Jenkins experience
- Leadership and mentoring experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.