Sr Technical Project Manager
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 842204BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 16, 2021
Job Summary:The Sr. Technical Project Manager is responsible for delivering complex large-scale Ecommerce software development across multiple disciplines within an assigned portfolio. This role blends program and project management and delivery, coaching and development of team members, and financial and business acumen.
The Sr. Technical Project Manager will oversee, on an annual basis, a combination of one or more programs with multiple project tracks, and multiple medium to large-scale digital projects across web and mobile applications. Programs may also include tracks outside of software delivery. The Sr. Technical Project Manager ensures on-time and on-schedule delivery working closely with Product, Technology, and Design.
- Projects assigned to this level tend to be highly complex and strategically prioritized
- Performs all other responsibilities of a Project Manager at a proficient level, plus: Identifies project risks; analyzes and communicates prioritized mitigation plans to stakeholders
- Understands most project domain components, including architecture, tools and deployment practices that development team is employing
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of technical programs from start to finish
- Develops a program plan comprised of parallel projects and multiple project managers that collectively produce work that has significant business impact
- Monitors & adjusts program plan to respond to unplanned changes, ensuring program is progressing to meet business goals
- Creates governance practices and provides senior-level leadership oversight and control for the program
- Implements fiscal practices and controls, authorizing, recording, and reporting on program expenditures & ROI
- Develops infrastructure needed to support the program
- Defines, optimizes, and manages Agile project management ceremonies and processes for large project teams. Manage hardware/software procurement of assigned projects
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of multiple high-profile technical, product or software development projects from start to finish
- Owns budget tracking at Project/Program-level
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects
- Typically assigned to important / complicated undertakings
- Work is subject to regular supervisory review at defined milestones
- Operates within the context of approved methods.
- Typically has 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the software development life cycle
- Expertise with project management tools used in business/project area
- Expertise in Agile and Waterfall Project Management methods and processes
- Experience in streaming media software, broadcast technology, and/or media engineering preferred
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.