Sr Technology Strategist
Celebration, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 848600BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Corporate Technology Strategy team plays a crucial role in enabling the technologies of the future for the company. We accomplish this by building industry expertise in commercial platforms and solutions, partnering with the Corporate Functions and Business Segments to understand future business capabilities needed to efficiently support the Business, and facilitating the prioritization, planning and funding alignment of initiatives that deliver the future state technology solutions and maximize value realization.
In the Corporate Technology Strategy team, individual Strategists will define the company’s strategy and transformation roadmap for one of the following Corporate functions:
- HCM, T&E, Time & Pay (“Hire to retire”)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) for next generation ERP Solutions including SAP S/4 HANA, Source to Pay and Financial Planning and Analysis
- Corporate Specific functions (Tax, treasury, Enterprise Consumer Payments, Real Estate etc.)
- Driving vision, strategy, business/technology architecture and product roadmaps
- Maintaining deep industry experience, strong technical knowledge, and financial/business skills
- Partnering with senior level executives in the Corporate Functions, Business Segments and Enterprise Technology teams to define and prioritize business needs/capabilities and the strategic initiatives and roadmap plan to deliver the technology platforms and solutions to support current and future business needs
- Owns and drives the strategic relationship with external partners that support key technology solutions and services for the owned Corporate functions
- Develops a jointly owned roadmap of capabilities and services (current and future), enterprise level contract and cost management strategies
- Manages the roadmaps and portfolio of transformation initiatives for the owned Corporate functions, balancing investment across a range of criteria (e.g., timeframes, markets, technologies).
- Participates in the process by which funding decisions on programs and projects are made in line with strategy and roadmap plans
- Tracks key performance metrics to measure success and identify and iterate on opportunities for optimization
- Lead Enterprise Technology Transformation initiatives to deliver future state vision and value realization
- Build the complete program roadmap and plan, and execute against it with clear milestones, deliverables, role accountability, budget, communication and tracking of risks and escalations.
- Define and assemble the necessary resources and stakeholders to drive the required outcomes outlined in the Transformation initiative.
- Develop and implement Enterprise Transformation scorecard to track initiative health, schedule, issues/risks and value realization for executive level reporting
- Manage, evolve, and participate in the process by which funding decisions on programs and projects are made in line with strategy and roadmap plans.
- Schedule and lead regular project meetings from kick-off to wrap up
- Act as the liaison and manage communications between internal learning team and external partners
- Define, build and track key performance metrics to measure success and identify and iterate on opportunities for optimization
Executive Leadership Competencies
- 5+ years of experience leading technology strategy, roadmap development and realization in the allocated Corporate functions
- Demonstrated experience in advocating technology solutions and driving executive alignment
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- Execution-oriented, and able to complete tasks independently
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Strong passion for technology and staying abreast of industry trends
- Proven ability to influence seniors and peers without direct authority; experience leading cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Talented facilitator who skillfully leads strategy and planning discussions.
- Self-driven, detail-oriented leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working “in the gray” while defining the way forward.
Preferred EducationBS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience. STEM degree is highly preferred.
Additional Information:Note: This position can be based out of these three locations: Burbank (CA), Seattle (WA), and Florida (Lake Nona)
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.