Sr Technology Strategist
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 906158BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Strategy and Transformation team partners with Business Segments, Functional Leaders, Enterprise Technology teams, and External Partners to create the future state technology vision and oversee the development and implementation of technology strategies and roadmaps for TWDC. The S&T team establishes strong relationships with the Business Segments and Technology teams to understand priorities and industry drivers in order to develop integrated roadmaps that facilitate prioritization of funding and resource allocation to maximize investment value and delivery of key strategic initiatives and programs.
The S&T team is also responsible to establish and lead transformation programs, mergers and acquisitions, and enterprise level technology changes to simplify and streamline delivery and support of technology services, maintain a strong security and compliance posture, support innovation at speed across Business Segments, and increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of services provided by Enterprise Technology for TWDC enterprise.
The team consists of three functional areas:
Business Engagement - Responsible for establishing strong partnerships with and deep knowledge of the Business Segments and becoming a “trusted advisor” for technology strategies, plans and services. The BEM team will be responsible for ensuring the integrated roadmaps created in partnership with value chain managers and Enterprise Technology teams meets both business and technology priorities and goals and drives to the jointly developed future state vision.
Value Chain Strategies and Roadmaps – Responsible for development and implementation of technology strategies and roadmaps developed in partnership with Corporate Functions and Enterprise Technology teams. The VCS team will ensure the roadmaps developed provide the right set of common services with the appropriate quality, cost, security, business continuity and compliance levels that can be leveraged across the enterprise for maximum value and efficiency
Transformation Programs – Responsible to lead transformation programs and initiatives across TWDC enterprise. The Transformation Program team will facilitate definition of program objectives and initiatives required to meet program objectives working across business and technology leadership teams. The team will facilitate initiation and feasibility phases for transformation programs prioritized for investment and establish appropriate program office resourcing to provide oversight and governance for successful delivery and value realization. The TPO will provide a comprehensive view (milestones, cost, risks/issues, status) of all transformation programs, business and technology, supported by Enterprise Technology.
Responsibilities:The Technology Strategy Lead is responsible for building and managing the technology strategy and roadmap for a specific portfolio of technology value chains, such as, Infrastructure, Operations, Network, Core business Platforms/Applications, and Digital Workplace. The Enterprise Technology Strategy team plays a crucial role in enabling the technologies of the future for the company. We accomplish this by building industry expertise in commercial platforms and solutions, partnering with the Enterprise Technology teams to understand future technology capabilities needed to efficiently support the Business, and facilitating the prioritization, planning and funding alignment of iniatives that deliver the future state technology solutions and maximize value realization.
This role is responsible for defining the best platforms, integration and data strategies and solutions set to support future state capability needs and the migration path from the current solutions in use to the target platform and solutions.
Responsibilities for the Enterprise Technology Strategy Lead include:
- Drive alignment of vision, strategy, technology architecture and product roadmaps across Enterprise Technology
- Partner with senior level executives in the Enterprise Technology teams to define and prioritize technology needs/capabilities and the strategic initiatives and roadmap plan to deliver the technology platforms and solutions to support current and future business needs
- Define, build, and manage the ongoing technology strategy roadmap for the assigned domain, and ensure it is integrated into Enterprise Technology and segment technology roadmaps..
- Contribute to overall enterprise strategic vision, aligning with strategies from other value streams.
- Establish the role as recognized subject matter expert in the technology field assigned.
- Own and drive the strategic relationship with external partners that support key technology solutions and services. Develop a jointly owned roadmap of capabilities and services (current and future), enterprise level contract and cost management strategies.
- Drive innovation and strategic thought leadership within your domain, leading communities of practice, and collaborating with partners and vendors.
- Drive technology transformation programs, specifically when the assigned domain expertise is critical to success.
- Manage, evolve, and participate in the process by which funding decisions on programs and projects are made in line with strategy and roadmap plans.
- Partner closely with Business Engagement teams to proactively engage segment technology teams on strategic priorities.
- Foster collaboration within Enterprise Technology organization and drive a sense of urgency for usage and value delivery within the organization
- 10+ years of experience as a software/systems leadership/consulting, driving technology strategy, roadmap and solutioning across the technology stack
- 5 – 10+ years experience developing and implementing technology solutions
- Strategy and Roadmap development; Technology solution evaluation; Sourcing processes (RFI, RFQ, RFP) Financial/Cost Models for Technology solutions
- Demonstrated experience in advocating technology solutions and driving executive alignment
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- Execution-oriented, and able to complete tasks independently
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Strong passion for technology and staying abreast of industry trends
- Proven ability to influence executives and peers without direct authority; experience leading cross-functional initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Talented facilitator who skillfully leads strategy and planning discussions.
- Self-driven, detail-oriented leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working “in the gray” while defining the way forward.
Required EducationBS Comp Sci/ related technology area or equivalent work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.