Staff Platform EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10018227 Location Celebration, Florida, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Job Title is responsible for >>>>>
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development and implementation of software systems, applications and related products.
- Develops and maintain engineering and architectural standards for on premise/hybrid compute, storage and data protections services
- Monitors domain technologies, understand vendor roadmaps and how it impacts/affects Disney’s environment
- Plan upgrades and technology currency activities for compute, storage and data protections services
- Carries and maintains a relevant and up to date skill set in the areas of x86 hardware technology, Windows, Linux, VMware, clustering technologies, resilient infrastructure design and deployment and automation.
- Stakeholder in the selection of tool sets and platforms and partners with other technologists to ensure that data-driven platform decisions are well thought out, documented and socialized.
- Seasoned technologist whom will identify technology and execution challenges in solutions and products pro-offered by Strategy/Architecture as well as outside vendors and OEMs.
- Technology partner to all business segments consulting on service delivery and technology opportunities, advising on proper service delivery and fulfillment practices and portfolio management approaches.
- Consistently reviews and advises on the effectiveness of their technology approaches and its implications to the technology delivery function.
- Technical expert and thought leader in the development of virtualized technologies.
Additional background and certifications in, HP, Dell, EMC, Pure and/or Cisco storage and
server solutions are a plus
- Working knowledge of storage/server virtualization platforms (NSX, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Ability to describe and differentiate the features, benefits and disadvantages of competing virtualization and cloud platforms
- Individual must be highly resourceful and independent with the ability to quickly learn multiple disciplines and achieve manufacturer certification levels
- Acts as primary support owner and contact for all hosting infrastructure environments, collaborating with other project team members and management orchestrate environment changes including software/hardware upgrades, and patches working with the vendor support for escalation of issues, including on-call rotation with Infrastructure operations team.
- Assist in creation and documentation of day to day operational procedures.
- Provide system reports on both a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Improve automation and productivity of provisioning and maintenance through scripting enhancements
- The ideal candidate will have expertise in multiple Pubic Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Services, Azure and/or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.