Supervisor, Income TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711352BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
The Tax Compliance Group is responsible for the preparation and filing of all income tax returns. This generally encompasses 1 federal consolidated return which includes all 600 domestic subsidiaries and information returns for all 300 foreign subsidiaries. The group also files over 600 state income tax returns. The group assists other groups within the tax department (e.g. tax planning, tax provision, audit controversy) with the tasks that reside in those groups and in implementing department objectives.
The overall purpose of this position is to prepare and supervise the preparation of the federal and state tax returns related to specific business units. There will be additional projects related to tax planning and tax provision.
- Preparation of complex/material tax return permanent and temporary adjustments specific to business segment (Media Network / Studio)
- Analysis of changes to federal and state tax laws
- Prepare federal and multi-state income tax returns
- Preparation of global tax adjustment calculations (e.g. Pension, Equity Compensation, etc.)
- Project taxable income amounts for estimated tax purposes, provision and extensions
- Stock Basis calculations
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Assist in leading tax technical and procedural training of staff
- Supervision and training of college interns
- Reconciliations of deferred tax asset and liability balances
- Assisting with federal and state income tax audits
- Special projects (FIN48 analysis, tax planning, and department wide initiatives)
- 5 -7 years in a large corporation or similar experience in a large accounting firm
- Experience should be focused on federal and state tax
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products
- SAP, OneSource RS (tax prep software), RIA (or similar tax research software
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Masters of Tax
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.