Already applied?View Dashboard
Supervisor, State Income TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712567BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 16, 2019
The Corporate Tax Department is a fast-paced, dynamic environment made up of multiple sub groups that collectively manage the tax needs of The Walt Disney Company and its Subsidiaries.
The Income Tax group is responsible for the preparation and filing of all income tax returns. This generally encompasses 1 federal consolidated return which includes all 1,700 domestic subsidiaries and information returns for all 1,200 foreign subsidiaries. The group also files over 1,000 state income tax returns.
In addition to the filing responsibilities, the Income Tax group assists other groups within the tax department (e.g. Tax Planning, Tax Provision, Audit Controversy) with the tasks that reside in those groups.
The Income Tax group collaborates, evaluates, and implements processes and technologies to find the most efficient path forward while optimizing accuracy and results to adapt to the ever changing needs of the larger organization.
The overall purpose of this position is the preparation of the state tax returns related to all business units. There will be additional projects related to tax planning, tax provision and tax controversy.
- Data collection and analysis (including accounting systems, tax systems, and direct inquiry to business partners)
- Preparation of complex tax return workpaper packages
- Analysis and interpretation of changes to state tax laws
- Prepare complex state income tax returns, review moderately complex as first review
- Prepare/assist in preparation of global calculations (e.g. apportionment, state adjustment, etc.)
- Project taxable income amounts for estimated tax payments, provisions and extensions
- State Tax Attributes calculations
- Prepare responses to notices from states
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Collaborate with various partners on process review and evaluating new technologies
- Assisting with state income tax audits
- Special projects (FIN48 analysis, tax planning, tax controversy, and department wide initiatives)
- 3 - 6 years in a large corporation or similar experience in a large accounting firm. Experience should be focused on federal and state tax
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Income tax preparation software (such as OneSource RS or CorpTax), RIA (or similar tax research software) Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment.
- Has knowledge of best practices and proved integration into workflow.
- SAP and similar GL system, Workfront (project management tool), SharePoint, Knowledge of ETL tools would be a plus
- Bachelor’s in accounting
- CPA exam passed and working towards licensure.
- Masters of Tax or in progress
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.