Systems Engineer – Operations and Device Management
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 864234BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
Job Summary:The Systems Engineer will be part of a team focused on device management and operations support for our ships, private islands, and on-site offices and locations. The engineer will provide technical support for endpoints including, but not limited to PCs, MacOS, Android, iOS, Linux, printers, antennas, and much more. This role also includes travel to ports around the U.S. and international to assist in supporting ship operations, and to other Disney sites and locations for project work. Experience centrally managing PCs and other devices in an enterprise environment is strongly desired. Strong knowledge of MacOS and IOS is required. Travel requirements vary based on ship itinerary schedules, but may be as much as 25-50% at times.
This is a “hands-on” Engineer who enjoys planning, creating and field-testing real-world enterprise solutions. We seek forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering quality products and services and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Install, configure, and manage shipboard endpoints such as PCs, mobile devices, printers, and other smart devices.
- Create new user accounts and groups in Active Directory
- Work with our business partners to plan, design, and implement new projects
- Work closely with critical shipboard officers to keep them apprised of projects and collaborate with them on project and details as appropriate
- Provide on-site and remote technical support for applications and hardware on our ships and on-shore sites
- Warehouse logistics including processing equipment repairs and shipping project hardware
- Unpackage and assemble equipment at our warehouse and other site locations
- Purchase hardware for projects or replacements
- Travel to remote ports to setup embarkation equipment and provide training and technical support
- A minimum of 5 years background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis
- Experience centrally managing Windows, MacOS, Android & IOS devices in an enterprise environment leveraging MECM (SCCM), Jamf, AirWatch, or other central management tool
- Strong knowledge of Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS operating systems
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and balance multiple priorities with minimal direction
- Travel between multiple Orlando locations and Port Canaveral with personal vehicle
- Hand’s on experience with hardware installations such as PCs, cabling, peripherals. Etc.
- Demonstrated strong communication, design skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, Jira, or other Ticketing tools
- Familiarity with Confluence (or other documentation/wikis)
- Able to diagnose simple to complex system and process problems.
- Demonstrated exceptional troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and instruct new methodologies to the team.
- Prior maritime experience from a technology perspective
- Industry certification in Windows, MacOS, Android and IOS.
- Proven MacOS, IOS and Android experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- AirWatch / WorkforceOne (Strongly preferred)
- MECM / SCCM (Strongly preferred)
- Ansible / AWX
- Strong Powershell skills
- Experience managing GPOs
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.