Systems Engineer - Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055378 Location Celebration, Florida, United States / Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 28, 2023
“We Power the Magic!” That’s our motto at Disney Experiences. Our team builds premier immersive digital experiences for the Company’s world-class vacation brands including Disney’s Parks & Resorts worldwide, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney Vacation Club.
The Systems Engineer will be part of a team passionate about device management and operations support for our cruise ships, private islands, and on-site offices. The Engineer will provide technical support for endpoints including, but not limited to PCs, MacOS, Android, iOS, Linux, printers, antennas, and much more. This role also includes travel to ports around the U.S. and international to assist in supporting ship operations, and to other Disney sites and locations for project work. Travel requirements vary based on ship itinerary schedules, but may be as much as 25-50% at times.
This is a “hands-on” engineering role planning, creating and field-testing real-world enterprise solutions. We seek forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering quality products and services and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
This is a Project Hire position with no guarantee of permanent placement.
- Install, configure, and manage shipboard endpoints such as PCs, mobile devices, printers, and other smart devices.
- Build new user accounts and groups in Active Directory
- Work with our business partners to plan, design, and implement new projects.
- Work closely with critical shipboard officers to keep them informed of projects and collaborate with them on project and details as appropriate.
- Provide on-site and remote support for applications and hardware on our ships and on-shore sites.
- Warehouse logistics, including processing equipment repairs and shipping project hardware.
- Assemble equipment at our warehouse and other site locations
- Purchase hardware for projects and/or replacements
- Travel to remote ports to setup embarkation equipment and provide training and technical support.
- 5+ years of experience in technology roles, specific to computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Experience centrally handling Windows, MacOS, Android & IOS devices in an enterprise environment.
- Experience using MECM (SCCM), Jamf, AirWatch, or other central management tools.
- Solid understanding of Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS operating systems.
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and balance multiple priorities
- Travel between multiple Orlando-based locations including Port Canaveral, with a personal vehicle.
- Hands-on experience with hardware installations such as PCs, cabling, peripheral, etc.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow, Jira, or other Ticketing tools
- Familiarity with Confluence (or other documentation/wikis)
- Demonstrate outstanding troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and teach new methodologies to the team.
- Prior maritime experience from a technology perspective
- Industry certifications in Windows, MacOS, Android and IOS
- MacOS, IOS and Android experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with:
- AirWatch/WorkforceOne (Strongly preferred)
- MECM/SCCM (Strongly preferred)
- Strong PowerShell skills
- Experience managing GPOs
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or equivalent work experience
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.