Celebration, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 701611BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 03/09/2019
The Systems Engineer conducts maintenance, administration, and support activities of moderate complexity, including software, platform, and configuration for Technology at Disney Cruise Lines. The Systems Engineer ensures 24/7 operational support and maintenance of systems and infrastructure, including monitoring and maintaining systems and infrastructure as well as participating in day-to-day operations. The Systems Engineer participates in day-to-day operations and works with business units to plan, design, and implement systems and infrastructure. The Systems Engineer works with all members of the Technology team to ensure successful delivery of our products.
- Works with others in the day-to-day maintenance and administration of systems, including software, platform, and configuration updates.
- Identifies root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
- Develops tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate systems maintenance and administration.
- Plans and executes platform-oriented projects that include business unit initiatives and updates to existing infrastructure, products, and/or services.
- Works with business units to plan for new projects and events, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery, and migration strategies.
- Provides support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded infrastructure, products, and/or services.
- Uses data and metrics to plan for business unit growth needs, plan upgrades, migrations, and functionality.
- Participates in the development of best practices, validation, and adherence.
- Responsible for documenting the infrastructure and monitoring systems.
- Participates in the development of large technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Participates in the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production environment based on the needs of the supported business units.
- Support remote outports which includes training local staff along with setup and troubleshooting remote embark technology.
- Implement/document shore-side and shipboard process improvements.
- 4+ years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- Knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, NAS/SAN technologies, and internet and web applications.
- Systems support
- In-depth skills in Client based systems.
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Global Policy Objects
- Window Active Directory Infrastructure
- Open Source
- Networking Essentials
- Mobile (iOS/Android)
- Scripting (Powershell)
- Enterprise operating systems (Windows, Linux)
- Ability to Train users and support teams
- Required to travel to support Outports.
- Previous experience in Cruise Line Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.