Telecom Business Planning Service Manager
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 919582BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 17, 2022
The Mission of Telecom Business Planning (TBP) is to provide the highest quality of voice and data services at the most economical cost, and provide vendor and contract lifecycle management to meet the telecommunications needs of the Walt Disney Company through collaborating with our business units and other IT constituents.
The TBP Service Manager reports to the Director of Network Services, supporting corporate initiatives by bringing an understanding of enterprise-wide requirements for all telecommunications services and solutions including voice & data circuits, and wireless devices and services. First and foremost, the TBP Service Manager serves as a change and transformation agent, developing and implementing strategies to consolidate, expand, and optimize Telecom services provided to TWDC.
In addition providing external facing services to TWDC business units, The Telecom Business Specialist identifies and maps internal business processes, making recommendations for optimization, re-engineering and process automation.
- Map business processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency, consolidation and/or automation through process re-engineering.
- Develop, propose and implement new services strategies that effectively leverage the entire service delivery supply chain, transitioning and optimizing service delivery tasks where appropriate.
- Development of 3rd party strategy to augment/support existing telecom related business activities driving cost optimization and efficiency.
- Develops sustainable governance and operational processes in support of contractor and vendor management
- Influence vendor direction and services into alignment with TWDC business needs
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline expense management and exceptions.
- Develops sustainable operational processes to manage and optimize provisioning, billing and cost recovery
- Defining the Vendor Roadmap in order to support business goals, drive value through the vendor ecosystem and minimize exposure to potential risks.
- Manage corporate global telecommunications environment (wireline and wireless) and work with service providers by organizing, analyzing and determining operation requirements
- Collaborating with the vendors to implement or improve business processes, and participate in the quarterly performance review meetings to provide feedback and suggestions for service improvement with each vendor
- Lead and create telecommunications strategic, tactical and operational plans, lead, perform and where possible automate, complex research and data gathering analysis, develop and manage project plans and perform financial analysis.
- Provide technical and analytical support for medium to large projects
- Minimum of 5 years related working experience in Business Administration, Telecommunications or IT related discipline
- Minimum 10 years work experience in business transformation and/or process re-engineering and optimization
- Demonstrated knowledge of telecommunications technologies
- Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems.
- Strong customer service skills and orientation.
- Knowledge of film entertainment, hospitality, video distribution and broadcast.
- Strong presentation skills
- Adept at written and oral communications
- Strong requirements facilitation skills
- Ability to interface and collaborate directly with IT constituents, executives, business partners, and vendors
- Ability to think innovatively
- Self-organizing and motivated
- ITIL 3 / 4 certified
- Ten years related working experience in Business Administration, Telecommunications or IT related discipline
- Media, entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Business contract management, negotiation or law certificate from an accredited university
- PMP Certified
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, business, or other related scientific, technical or business discipline desired.
- MBA with experience in business transformation, processes re-engineering, and/or finance.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.