Telecommunications Programmer Analyst, Disney Cruise LineApply NowApply Later Job ID 864190BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 01, 2021
You will report to the Manager, Telecommunications.
- Partner with stakeholders to establish requirements, goals and understand needs for translation into detailed technical and program specifications to develop reliable solutions; explain solutions to stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Provide stakeholders with consultative support and identify opportunities to use creative contact routing, telephony programming and self-service technology to maintain competitive advantage
- Evaluate all functionality; identify any requirements not met by the solution and develop action plans to correct deficiencies
- Design, develop, validate, and deploy complex contact routing, custom programming and IVR applications to support multi-business, global contact centers and operations; develop complex business scenarios, create and execute test plans
- Maximize speech recognition and text to speech functionality within IVR applications to enhance the guest experience
- Identify opportunities for cross business use of custom programming and applications
- Monitor, maintain and administer complex contact routing, custom programming, applications, and their associated configurations
- Ensure appropriate monitoring, logging and audits are in place to trace events and review results; monitor and track system updates/access to ensure successful auditing
- Investigate and analyze system processed transactions to validate accuracy of configurations, functionality and results; prepare necessary extracts and queries for reports
- Validate that all custom programming and internally developed applications meet security requirements and are compliant with privacy and PCI mandates/controls
- Develop and maintain detailed telecommunications documentation regarding functionality, applications and integrations; update
- Participate on small to large-scale projects related to technology and application upgrades, patching, testing, and production implementations
- Analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot issues to identify root-cause and implement solutions to minimize or prevent occurrences; work with Telecommunications Analysts to resolve issues promptly, document all issues and their resolution
- Evaluate impact of errors and provide recommendation for solution through collaboration with stakeholders
- Develop, research and evaluate feasibility of alternatives to meet our goals and recommend optimal alternative
- Partner with vendors to report, identify and track problems associated with their solutions and resolve promptly
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design, development and implementation of complex call/contact routing and custom programming
- Minimum 5 years of in-depth core applications work experience in IVR application development, including the use of speech recognition and text to speech
- Experience developing structured test scenarios, test cases, and performing accurate testing with documented results
- Experience in IVR application management and break/fix
- Experience developing complex structure queries for accurate results
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the company and influence people over which you have no authority
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of existing technology framework
- Exhibit initiative, manage multiple priorities and proactively address issues in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail, minimal direction and follow-up
- Experience working within a Windows environment including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience reading and interpreting technical documents such as installation manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent business communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Genesys Designer
- Experience developing and implementing voicebots, chatbots and AI
- Associate's Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, IT, or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, nights and holidays
- Travel may be required
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.