Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Ticket Services Internship: Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703329BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Bay Lake, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
- Strong service orientation
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to effectively partner with leaders, team members and internal/external clients and partners
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new systems, software applications and tool
- Familiarity with Ticketing and Ticketing systems (ATS or Galaxy)
- Familiarity with Sharepoint
- Familiarity with My Disney Experience, CastApp, VINCent
- Fluency in a second language: Spanish, Haitian-Creole, Mandarin preferred
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Guest spent one week visiting the Walt Disney World Resort
- Guest stayed on property and experienced challenges during stay with housekeeping and technical issues with their MagicBands
- Guest visited Disney’s Hollywood Studios and had a FastPass+ selection for Fantasmic! which was cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Guest went to Epcot and had a poor dining experience at one of the Full Service Restaurants.
- Guest is very disappointed and looking for resolution regarding their concerns.
To upload your writing sample:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the sample
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Other
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_WritingSample_Ticketing
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January to June 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.