Training Manager, Disney Cruise LineApply NowApply Later Job ID 893934BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted May 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Responsibilities:• Facilitate training programs in domestic/international locations for audiences at all levels of the organization using a variety of facilitation techniques and methods.
• Analyze learner performance, coach and provide feedback throughout the training process.
• Manage client relationships, consult and provide performance recommendations and be the key decision-maker onsite at worldwide training locations, ensuring all decisions are in the best interest of the Business, Learner and Cast.
• Proactively utilize critical thinking skills to make decisions, perform time-sensitive actions, mitigate risk and resolve problems.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships and build credibility with team members, partners, support teams, and client areas.
• Execute the administrative and logistical aspects of training delivery/implementation including but not limited to outport training schedules, support materials and supply preparation.
• Maintain significant knowledge of all product offerings and policies and take monthly required calls.
• Apply solid instructional design skills and effectively use learning principles and creativity to assist with design and development projects, as needed, that transfer knowledge and engage participants in the learning process.
• Frequently travel to international and domestic locations.
• Provide clear, concise and consistent communication and act as an advocate to champion change.
• Adapt quickly to leadership direction and feedback.
• Manage diverse responsibilities with the ability to shift priorities and complete a multitude of tasks in a rapidly, ever changing environment.
• Handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of integrity.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications:• Proven ability to facilitate learning and effectively communicate with Cast Members/partners at all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to analyze learner performance for hourly and salaried audiences, coach and provide learner feedback throughout the training process.
• Strong background in training delivery, implementation and logistics.
• Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of supported client areas.
• Proven learning and development consulting experience with clients.
• Demonstrated experience in assisting with creating technical and soft skill training in a variety of applications such as computer based training, facilitator-led training, blended learning, self-study and job aids.
• Proven knowledge and experience of human performance improvement and learning and development methodologies.
• Highly-motivated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently, adapt to change, and take independent actions to hold self accountable to meet or exceed client expectations.
• Demonstrated ability to assist with projects, meet corresponding deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated strong time management, project management and delegation skills.
• Process-centric thinking, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to recognize process improvement opportunities.
• Problem solving and decision-making skills with an ability to effectively analyze the situation, offer creative solutions, and follow-up as needed.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and maintain a professional composure and demonstrate good judgement while handling a multitude of tasks and difficult situations.
• Clearly communicate key information to Cast Members at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong partnering, influencing and relationship-building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple priorities, use problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Ability to brainstorm and effectively share thoughtful opinions that take a learning experience from good to great.
• Computer proficiency and ability to work in multiple software applications.
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including evenings, weekends, variable shifts and holidays and travel as needed.
• Proven leadership experience.
Preferred Qualifications:• Working knowledge of cruise industry, the Disney Cruise Line, National Geographic Expeditions, and Adventures by Disney Products.
• Proficiency with learning management systems (D Learn).
• Proven knowledge of and experience working with leading-edge learning methodologies.
• Bilingual, Multilingual.
Required Education• BA/BS or equivalent work experience in Facilitation, Consulting, Instructional Design & Curriculum Development or related field.
Preferred Education• Master’s Degree or formal certification/education/experience in performance consulting, applying ADDIE or related learning models, adult development theory or curriculum development desired.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.