Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
User Research Lab Internship, Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 869584BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Be a part of something big…
The User Research Lab is responsible for researching internally developed digital products, including running focus groups, recruiting the audiences, running the tests, and assessing results.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life...
- Assisting with cataloging and tracking of incentives and the check-in/wrangling process
- Managing the internal playtest calendar for products in development (from pre-production through the phases of production and live content support)
- Assisting in creating, maintaining, and evolving research documents and related forms
- Working with research leads to provide logistics support when executing research studies, including note-taking and whiteboard sessions
- Collaborating effectively with partners in Production, Marketing, Finance/Strategy, and other disciplines as needed
- Performing other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role...
- Usability, social science, marketing, conceptual, or exploratory research experience
- Successful track record designing and implementing coordinator initiatives with regard to executing research studies
- Strong project coordination skills
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven attention to detail
Required EducationSenior, Graduate Student or Recent Graduate, working toward or recently completed a degree in Psychology, Consumer Behavior, Research or related.
Preferred EducationSenior, Graduate Level student or recent Graduate, pursuing a degree in Human Computer Interaction or related major.
This internship will be working remotely, however, priority will be given to local candidates as it is expected there may be opportunities to work within the office during your internship.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide full work availability
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.