Already applied?View Dashboard
VP-Port Strategy, Development & OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 675795BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 03, 2019
Job Summary:This position sits within the Disney Signature Experience Commercial Strategy team which is responsible for driving revenue initiatives within each of the businesses (Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney, Golden Oak).
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Commercial Strategy, the Vice President, Port Strategy, Development and Operations will be responsible for the company’s global port Strategy and development, future business development, Itinerary planning and Port Operations related activities, for home and other ports of call.
Targeting global company growth and providing strategic planning for port development and Itinerary planning for existing and new destinations.
- Providing strategic planning of berthing agreements, and port development at any current or new destination of strategic value to the company, to guarantee future itineraries for the company’s expanding fleet
- Lead the Disney Cruise Line development/strategic team in respect to destination discovery and future global opportunities for ports as destinations or as port developments working in partnership with Finance, Marketing, Revenue Management and Marine Operations
- Develop the required contracts and berthing agreements for Homeports and Ports of call directly with appropriate organizations with a focus on providing long term port availability for Disney Cruise Line vessel deployments
- Develop and present holistic development recommendations for existing and future ports
- Assesses ports for their potential to provide new, innovative and unique port adventures suited for our Guests
- Partners with entertainment as they develop port adventures for new ports and enhance existing port adventures
Oversees that the operations team is fully integrated with project management of the company’s key strategic projects, potential growth initiatives and business development opportunities.
- Oversight of strategic projects including new ship launch planning and Island development
- Lead any new global port developments that Disney Cruise Line might pursue
In partnership with other Disney Cruise Line stakeholders, oversee all aspects of port and terminal operations for both home and destination ports.
- Financial oversight and cost management of all port operations and port contracts in partnership with other Disney Cruise Line stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships at port destinations including tourism, port, and government officials in partnership with Government Relations to stay current on global port affairs, political changes, and other emerging trends that may impact our global port strategy
- Responsible for the management and selection of the global network of port agents
- Responsible for port assessments for new ports and verify through regular inspections of existing ports, compliance to operational standards and local and Disney Cruise Line® marine, safety and security standards are maintained in all ports of call (including Castaway Cay & Light House Point)
- Optimize fleet itineraries is partnership with the Marine Operations to ensure efficiency in costs and reach required revenue goals
- Oversight of embarkation and debarkation terminal operations
- Ground and Guests related services at the port as well as Stevedoring related activities inclusive of contract negotiations
- Arrange contracts with ground service providers in partnership with DME Leadership
- Responsible for terminal development in any Disney Cruise Line operated terminal (example: Port Canaveral, Island)
- Partner with technology on opportunities to modernize the terminal experience
- Proven executive with a minimum of 8+ years' progressive cruise industry leadership experience in business development, port operations and itinerary planning
- Deep experience in development projects including property and business development, inclusive of government relations
- Proven ability to lead a team of highly capable leaders, anticipating the quickly changing business landscape and inspiring and aligning the team around a clear, achievable vision
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external partners and senior executives with a collaborative and solution-oriented approach
- Proven ability to manage a large volume of complex work effectively and efficiently, prioritizing continually to ensure business results are achieved
- Proven track record of successful negotiations Proven ability to develop and delegate to strategic plans, ensure successful completion
- Facilitate and build relationships, drive cross-functional teams to consensus and influence others without direct authority to achieve common goals
- Creative, passionate and innovative thinker – excited about the possibilities of the future
- Skillful and impactful verbal and written communicator with the ability to deliver presentations with poise, confidence and authentic style
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail complimented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities on multiple assignments
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive effective risk-taking
- Demonstrated ability to invite diverse perspectives, promote an inclusive work environment and be an advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 50% of the time
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.